Saving values in GUI's

Hello!

I’m working on a settings menu for my game which includes UI colour changes, and selectable languages. I know how to change the colour through buttons and I know how to do the language changing, but, I don’t know how to make it save.

For example, if you’re French and join the game and change your language to French, when you leave and re-join, it won’t save and you have to change it again.

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can save it to a value so when you click on a certain language or a UI colour, it will stay that colour or language until you change it.

Of course, when you change it, that new language or colour layout will save and the other one will not, so there’s no mix-up.

Currently, I’m in the work of re-making my entire game’s UI, so I don’t have the settings UI finished, so if you’re in need of seeing it and the layout you might need to wait a few days.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

You’re going to have to communicate to the server that you want the language to change (see RemoteEvents). Then use a DataStore to save the information.

1 Like