Say "Hello" to Display Names!

Sounds good, excited for this update to come out!

1 Like

Personally, I think the famous people or so called ‘celebrities’ would have the star creator symbol that would verify they are original.

1 Like

Here are my thoughts on it, I don’t think it leans toward the good side.

The reason for this is not because of impersonating staff members or anything like that. It’s because of the lack of creativity now. Before everyone had a different username and it was fun checking everyone out. Now, it’s quite bland because some people are just going to start spamming a cool username and everyone will have it. I don’t think it’s too bad that we need to revert it, I just don’t think it’s a good idea.

1 Like

Rise of the DeveloperDoge has begun.

2 Likes

Another interesting thing to consider is that while some will try to impersonate the bigger celebrities, people will inherently be more skeptical of the impersonators. Basically, will impersonators affect bigger creators or would they affect semi-big/medium creators worse, as they will not have as much say if someone decides to impersonate them.

2 Likes

I like this update, but it would be fine if an icon were added next to your name, or a requirement that your account must be more than 50 days old, to prevent scammers, or block some display names (like builderman, roblox, erik.cassel, etc.)

2 Likes

True, some medium creators may be not in the star program and would suffer more against impersonators. Such as Flamingo, he was only recently let into the star program. I understand your point. Hopefully ROBLOX will figure something out.

3 Likes

This is a really cool addition! I don’t develop game’s as often as other’s, but I can see this being both useful and abusive. User’s who can’t afford any ROBUX would be able to use this freely, on the other hand some user’s may use this to impersonate others.

It could be cool if it were limited to people with a verified email attached to their account? So people impersonating others would lower! Other than that I look forward to using the feature.

2 Likes

Yes, I love this idea. I would like maybe 6 months+ old to be given access to this feature.

4 Likes

there are gonna be alot of users abusing this and impersonating famous players such as MiniToon or NewFissy and scam players that are less experienced by getting their information for ‘free piggy items’ or ‘free adopt me pets’.
there should be a way to choose whenever your username can be used as a display name by other users or no. i would like to be called ‘idel’ instead of ‘idelww’ but this update is gonna cause alot of problems not only for developers but also for innocent users that might get targetted by other users and probably get their accounts banned by using their usernames and having alot of people to report the person with the username instead of the impersonator.

1 Like

roblox should block some usernames

1 Like

This is a amazing feature. Comes with risks but I’m pretty sure most people who play roblox know about the admin symbol.

1 Like

I know, but you think people pay attention to it?
I personally pay attention to this, but trust me that about 70% do not.

1 Like

Yes, never thought of developers. Personally, I think larger developers should get a badge by their username on the player list, such as star creators to prevent developer impersonation and to stop games being made, by users acting as developers which would bring a lot of unnecessary attention to the game. This could also lead to developers getting some sort of hate for a game that was inappropriate or something like that which an impersonator made, saying they are the dev.

1 Like

thats true, but they should make an opt-in feature for players that dont want their usernames to be used. there are alot of users with limited items that can easly get banned and lose lots of robux because somebody used their username as display name and such.

2 Likes

Well That’s true so some things must have to be added to combat this.

2 Likes

This is a good idea. Instead of giving every single dev forum member a badge in roblox games.

2 Likes

Will beta program users get this update early, or before it is rolled out to everyone?

2 Likes

I’m sure that developers would block their username with a script, so the players with the display name would just show their username? (Not that I know if it is possible)

1 Like

This is why those big developers need a badge next to there name. They could give all devforum members a badge but thats going to get out of hand since its pretty easy to get into the forum.

1 Like