Say "Hello" to Display Names!

I forgot i have to wait 7 days to change it back. I guess this is me for the next week.

14 Likes

That’s bad…? I mean people will stop selling accounts for those.

Question, did they roll it back? Since you were one of the lucky ones to get it.

I mean, being OwO is cute

2 Likes

Nope, got it with a VPN, gosh, this… Is so freeing. Not having that person’s name in my DisplayName is so great. Germany seems to have it! Changing your location in settings doesn’t change anything. Screenshot_20210217-175524_Roblox|243x500

1 Like

I have seen this in a discord server I am in and well… I just find it really sad how people are already abusing the filter on this

9 Likes

That’s not good. It looks like Twitter.
Edit: Hm but, this is really fine. But this feature will cause some bugs or problems.

The Roblox premium icon isn’t displaying on profiles anymore?

it does show for me, but the account settings aren’t opening

I’m assuming Roblox temporarily disabled the settings page to fix the issues with Display Name.
I hope this is fixed ASAP. This leaves alot of users unable to set up 2FA or change their password.

I’m not sure but I think it hasn’t been released yet.

It’s not available in the United States. You can access it by setting a VPN to Germany.

Wait, Its available in Germany?

Thank you, I assume that it will be coming to the rest of the world soon.

I have been able to access it, and set my Display name by changing my vpn to Germany.

With the recent soft launch in some regions, I am already being impersonated and players are confused, asking the impersonator questions as if they were me.

So this feature has now gone live, with no response to developers about the legitimate concerns raised by this change? With over a thousand posts, this is clearly controversial and needs to be officially addressed as soon as possible, before it goes live even further.

Currently, I am able to set the Humanoid’s DisplayName to the PlayerName to sort of disable DisplayNames in the mean time to avoid this impersonation issue in my own games, but what happens when it starts showing DisplayName in the player list and chat? We would have to write a custom solution? This seems less than ideal. Perhaps there should be a game setting or some other way to disable DisplayName defaults in your game.

7 Likes

Can you use this: https://windscribe.com

Well for the record, this hasn’t even been released yet there are already multiple cases of impersonations through the use of display names.

2 Likes

I’ve set my VPN to germany, I’ve tried to set my roblox location to germany. I don’t see the display names tab.

1 Like

Why not just have an “Opt-Out” option? Essentially what this would do is make your username and all of your previous usernames blocked from being used as a display name to everyone else, making it impossible to legitimately impersonate yourself.

From doing this you avoid lots of the impersonation while still allowing leeway for the user opting out and others to have custom names like say just “Xeno” if I wanted “Xeno” and not “Xenoomorph”, but nobody would still be allowed to use “Xenoomorph” alongside any of my previous usernames.

10 Likes

Yes, I tried it and it works
And it’s free