Say "Hello" to Display Names!

Roblox, will not allow ‘Special Characters’ to your display name, because it could be ‘Rude’; or ‘inappropriate’ there is ‘more’ reasons also why you cannot but ‘Special Characters In Your Display Name’;

change font size of the full username above. looks too weird.

3 Likes

I am confused image

I don’t have display names because I live in Australia but it is in-game but I can’t change it in settings why?

1 Like

It’s not fully out yet, @tysyaka

The update is not out yet, therefore u cant

I just want to say I have the best display name here.
Also this can cause problems on the leaderboard imagine instead of E_man you see “ROBLOX”:

There is no way to tell 2 E_mans from each other so they could pretend to be me or someone else with the Display name E_man. In the previews, it had a @ in the leaderboard. Will this be implemented any time soon?

1 Like

They will have moderation to not have that happen :slight_smile:

They won’t actually. The whole point of this update was to have more then one user with the same display name. I just want the @username underneath the displayname, like they had originally showed.

2 Likes

Looks sick, no idea if it’s only on my own side but whenever I head to the settings section of my account. Everything now looks smaller and a bit off, I cannot change my username at all, there isn’t even a display section at all for me, as well as I cannot change my password if needed to.

Like I said I have no idea if it’s just on my side or everybody’s experiencing this bug due to the new update everyone is experiencing but that’s my case there. Hope it can be fixed soon! :+1:

1 Like

You have to be in germany (actually or VPN) to try it.

Oh wow, got the news fast on Twitter. Seems like it is happening to a whole bunch of people on the community, credits to Roblox RTC on Twitter (Screenshot):

Capture

1 Like

Eliminating some of my concerns;
chat stays the same. Perfect. It looks like it’s an overhead thing which makes me much less concerned about that.

Now, with the overhead names we need to be able to see the @ under the displayname.

3 Likes

Explains why I’m missing parts of my settings page like fast track.

Do that, I mentioned it earlier. But yeah it works that way.

Hi developer,I just wanna ask something about Display Name.I’m from malaysia and I know - I know the display name is visibled at the setting menu.But as a Malaysian Developer,how do I change the display name.My location in the setting is setted to Malaysia of course.I hope someone or maybe some Roblox Staff can help me to change the display name.

Well uh, the impersonation issue is back again…

Search “Kreekcraft”

Hi there, if the display name isn’t out for you yet, then get a VPN I (Personally use Zenmate VPN), change it to Germany and refresh roblox

2 Likes

It has always been like that, (that isnt the displaynames)

4 Likes

Wouldn’t you get banned for doing that?