Say "Hello" to Display Names!

I believe they give you automatic nickname. M

2 Likes

Editing your display name is not available to everyone yet.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean, but DisplayName will be the player’s Username by default, unless the user has set their own DisplayName.

Unfortunately, mobile players can’t look at the leaderboard.

:ohmy:
WHYYYYYYYYYYY

I’ve seen it already in my game. The displayNames show in the chat, even if you adjust the Humanoid.DisplayName in a script to the actual Player.Name. I believe re-writing the chat module is not an easy thing. I certainly hope this feature can be disabled .

2 Likes

gone to make script that will disable them

2 Likes

Actually, yes they can if they’re on a tablet.

2 Likes

Check this post out I made a while back. I’m not sure if this is what you’re talking about, but it may help.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, that would do the job to disable the displayNames. I don’t feel too comfortable forking the core scripts though.

No problem. I’m not an experienced scripter, so I’m not sure. I think it would be fine though, because they provide a thorough explanation of what it does.

2 Likes

I sure do hope Roblox will give out some obvious announcements on this so younger players won’t get confused. And making a tutorial to educate them about Display Names in Roblox in order to show them how it works as well as warnings about risks,…

4 Likes

For the chat, it doesn’t look at humanoid display name, it looks at Player Displayname, which can only be changed by the CoreGui

Damn 5 months and Roblox still hasn’t told us anything. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

dude, get the WindScribe VPN its free

also you can change your name to just: CrazedBuilder

1 Like

Oh my god that’s a really good display name idea. :flushed:

4 Likes

He is a CrazyBrick! Unless… Although Windscribe is a good vpn. Been using it for over a year

1 Like

Looking through FFlags using CloneTroopers mod manager application I’d assume Roblox is going to default enable DisplayNames In chat.

Not something I’m exactly mad about just kind of curious what they’ve done so far regarding impersonation.

1 Like

Uhh, it looks like the display name has entered the chat, so our display name will be displayed in the chat

2 Likes

For some reason I was told this, was Display names removed? Are they still coming to America?