Say "Hello" to Display Names!

I would absolutely love that! especially youtubers in the video star program as well.

1 Like

I agree with @IConsumeCheddar, there should be an option to toggle display names off and on. I know you can check the coregui, but think about it. What if you don’t wanna see display names. What if you’re in a game like club iris where there’s a ton of players, it’s gonna be hard finding a player’s original username when they have a display name like other people. Plus what if two people have the same display name? It’d still be hard to find usernames without an option to toggle display names on and off.

5 Likes

I can’t change it as nothing shows anymore.

5 Likes

Try following my post

3 Likes

I can’t say I’m a huge fan of this update. The possibilities for impersonators and the general chore of having to look for someone’s username by clicking on their display name will only complicate things. Not only this, but it will pretty much make username changes pointless, because why would you spend robux changing your username when you can just change your display name and it does 90 percent of what a full username change does?

5 Likes

Mate, that would diminish the entire feature.

Don’t make pathetic suggestions.

3 Likes

Honestly when this update came,I have changed my display name to Mohammed because my user name had that name in it, And I already knew what this could be used for I can imagine impersonators Using Star Creators like flamingo for example and exploit in a role-play game and then when the admin‘s try to ban the user they’re gonna see a bunch of mr flimflam names.

2 Likes

…it’s optional though? How is that bad?

4 Likes

Been a few months and we’ve had basically no updates on what’s going on with Display Names. They’re rolled out in Germany but still not available in other countries?

8 Likes

They are testing Display Name’s update so they have to roll it out in a few countries.

4 Likes

I know this is a late comment, however I would just like to mention how cool it is that Roblox is constantly updating and improving. I am pretty excited to see how this will be implemented (It’s already been added and it looks like it is working well)

5 Likes

For anyone who cares this is how display names are currently:

• Display names show up in-game now.
  • You have to live in Germany / Have a VPN to see display names on the Roblox website and set your display name
2 Likes

I think it is in Brazil too…

2 Likes

If you want a display name, here’s my post!

1 Like

Question about ZenMate before I download it, does It have Germany and Japan free? I know the majority require paid access, so I was just curious.

1 Like

Yeah, ZenMate is free. And germany and japan are also free :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks! I just installed it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Display names 100% realeased” me: Checkes me: sees this image Unless this is a bug…

3 Likes

And also it doesn’t pop up for me with other people with display names @Bug-Support @DeveloperRelationsTeam

2 Likes

same problem over here, it doesn’t pop up for me

2 Likes