Say "Hello" to Display Names!

You know what could work, if you changed the location to United Kingdom. It would be risky, but it is worth a try.

1 Like

No, that won’t work. You need a VPN to bypass the system. :sunglasses:

1 Like

1 - She doesn’t have phone verification
2 - Use Windscribe

It’s been mentioned before in this discussion but it’s a good VPN free of use. Changing your location won’t get you terminated, warned, or temp banned cause there nothing wrong with it.

I’d suggest changing it to Germany since it seems like they have a lot released such as DisplayNames, Updated Shout messages and a few more subtle changes made to the site.

I know you can use VPNs, but why should we have to? Roblox should actually let us know when the update will roll out to the states.

1 Like

I’m a female and thanks for the input, I do not have phone verification.

4 Likes

Display names seem like nicknames on Discord or as its maybe inspiration, display names on Twitter. It seems like a good idea, but there would be some problems.

1 Like

Oh I use ZenMate, it’s pretty easy to set up. Just skip the tutorial and set it to germany, I even posted it here.

Say “Hello” to Display Names! - Updates / Announcements - DevForum | Roblox

2 Likes

I agree. Like I said, I think some players would just copy names of admins and YouTubers.

4 Likes

it’s out for me but i don’t have options to change it :pensive:

2 Likes
  • Removing the feature altogether, as it’s a unoriginal concept with absolutely no point to it whatsoever

Wouldn’t exactly call this pointless, it’s neat and I like it and I am sure others will agree.

The impersonation is just something that happens on literally every other website.

2 Likes

Fair point!

Let’s see what I said though:

3 Likes

Yeah, and?

Other websites has the ability to make a username then showcase a display name. It doesn’t need to be original for it to be a nice feature for the platform.

Other websites has groups, Roblox has groups. Why aren’t you complaining about that?

4 Likes

The display names are out for some players only so far. That’s why I only have one player named “Roblox” in my game…

3 Likes

It’s only for Germany and Brazil. You should do more research before asking a question that has been asked 576 times already.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I don’t see the setting for display name? And I’m pretty sure you don’t have to have a VPN for people to see your display name if that’s what you’re trying to say.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah? For some people, you need a VPN to get a display name. But once you get a display name you can keep it with or without a VPN turned on.

3 Likes

3 Likes

If you hide yourself and change your avatar and name to a famous player, I think it’s dangerous for real players to use them as abusive language for other players, cheaters in the game, fake stars, etc.

3 Likes