Say Hello to the New Lua Draggers

I’m not a huge fan of the new rotate tool. I largely preferred the old one as it was easier (in my opinion) to see what I am doing because of where the dots were placed. Now without the dots it can get a bit confusing for me. I would love to see a setting in ROBLOX Studio that lets you revert to the old ones, or possibly a plug-in made by a Developer.

4 Likes

If you don’t want the model to rotate while dragging it you can right click and uncheck “Align Dragged Objects”

Thought I would recommend changing the Primary Part of your model so that the bounding box is aligned the way that you want it to be (click the property value and then click on the part you want it to be aligned with):

4 Likes

i really don’t like how the dragger sizes depend on how far away the camera is, it’s hard to get used to after using the 10-year draggers we all knew and loved. the resize and drag are okay-ish, but it’s the rotate! the rotate!! it’s too visible, cannot see clearly what we are building, cannot see very clearly what angle the building is rotated on, and very easy to drag another axis because of lack of orbs. the main problem with it is how VISIBLE it is!

5 Likes

Please give us the option to choose between the old and the new draggers in the setting tab.

5 Likes

They can’t because there are upcoming updates that depend on the new draggers.

Is there any way to fix this issue other than disconnecting my controller? It’s a USB controller and none of my front USB ports work so I have to crawl behind my desk every time I want to go between building and then scripting while developing for console. (I think I’ve had the issue of the mouse snapping to the center worse than anyone whos posted about it so far)

I like the feature that show you how far have have you rotated something, but I prefer the orbs because I often have problems when building fast with misclicking the wrong axis in the highlighted areas where the axis cross.

2 Likes

Is there any particular reason to click in those areas though? If you click anywhere else on the arc it will be clear which handle you’re clicking.

7 Likes

To be honest, I don’t really know. Just feels less intuitive. If I could change it, I would add a combination of the orbs and what we have now.

4 Likes

Hey uh, I’m kinda confused if this is a “new update” to the studio with selecting the part or what is going on… When you used to click on a part, it’d be in a blue highlighted form. It’d show blue. But I just opened studio right now, added a part, clicked on it and it highlights as the color orange.

Sorry if this is confusing or I’m at a totally wrong place on posting this. Just curious to know if everyone also has this or not

1 Like

I may know what’s going on with this, but it isn’t related to the Lua Draggers (though it certainly is a problem!). If it’s bothering you, you can set the “Active Color”/“Active Hover Over Color” in the Studio Settings to be the same as the “Select Color”/“Hover Over Color” to fix it temporarily, though long term you will want these to change these back to having different values.

We will investigate tomorrow, please like this reply if you are also seeing this orange highlight.

5 Likes

Hmm… I opened my main game where the highlight was happening, thought to open another baseplate today and see if this same problem is going to happen in another new place. I opened the new baseplate & it seemed to be just normal. I then closed out the Main game where the highlight was happening, re-opened that main game and now the orange highlight is gone. This is weird

Here is the picture of it being fixed:

when you zoom in and out the rotate size changes and when you resize the mesh also resizes and i dont like it

1 Like

and the flat draggers looks like it was made by a 5 year old bring back the 3d look

1 Like

Before this update there was a default plugin that aligned parts. I think this update removed that. I used that plugin to align angled parts without changing the size of the part. Can you guys re add it back in?

Explain what you mean by this? There was no intentional change to how mesh resizing works.

See the most recent posts in here: Align Tool Preview Release - #57 by TommyTrujieli

Unrelated to the Lua Draggers we accidentally broke the Align Tool in the most recent build and it wasn’t caught until too close to the release so it had to be temporarily disabled until the fix comes out. It will be available again in next week’s release.

3 Likes

Admittedly there are quite a few parts of the new stuff I don’t like, like how the new tools scale with how far away you are from them or how the rotate tool is just completely different and generally kind of more annoying to use as there’s none of the drag points anymore, but I’m sure this all could easily be fixed. I’m sure it’s just me being really used to the old tools.

Oh god… My draggers now act like plugins that tick on and off, and my mouse acts like there’s a GUI blocking. can’t have stuff in de- i mean roblox studio

Are you experiencing the same problem with the Toolbox / Terrain plugins? This is a general issue, not something specific to the draggers.

2 Likes

FYI: We just turned on a significant refactor of the Dragger plugins. Please be on the lookout for any new regressions in behavior, and if you find any let us know here.

Other changes:

• We made a small adjustment to how Rotating / Axis Dragging works with the Constraints toggle on, you should not longer see parts “turn” in an arc when dragging them in this way.

• We have reverted the Ctrl + Resize behavior. It now works like it did in the old C++ draggers.

• Ctrl + clicking to select multiple parts now correctly updates the scroll state in the Explorer pane.

The new IK behavior in action:

5 Likes