Scale tool restrictions when touching part

Hey! I’m trying to build something, but I’ve been finding the scale tool annoying as you cannot use it while the part is touching another part, like this:
It highlights in yellow and doesn’t allow you to scale it.

I’ve been looking for solutions on the forum but I haven’t found any. If anyone knows how to disable this, please let me know, as it would make building less tedious and more enjoyable.

Is your collisions on? (if so, turn it off)
Screenshot 2024-06-18 041040

I want to scale it to fit in with the outline I made. Turning off collisions prevents me from doing that, and for some reason I can’t scale the right side when only the bottom and left side are touching a part.

My only other suggestion is using maths. Use the numbers on move to work out how to remove that space if that’s the case. I.e. move part by 0.1 and if it overlaps. go smaller (until 0.025). Sometimes if move is too small to work out. i.e. the space to connect the two parts is less than 0.02) then I usually move it by 1 then do 0.09 backwards so it actually moves only 0.01. If there’s still a gap/overlaps still then instead of 0.09 I try 0.08 for example.

Also check if the new feature, snapping to Parts, is on. This route is less tedious but by looking at your screenshot, I presume it is on.

I don’t know if Roblox still has this issue but before I went to university, the scale tool would sometimes actually move the parts coordinates from the other side your actually scaling. Which causes this weird thing where parts suddenly cannot connect.

1 Like

Disable collisions, enter a value of “0.0000001” in the Move thingy so when you scale it, it scales smoothly.
After that, get close to the part you want to scale, hold TAB with your mouse at the end of the part (as close as possible to the camera), look in-between them just like this and scale it perfectly.

1 Like