ScaleType Slice appears as Tiles on mobile

I have set all my ImageButtons and ImageLabels to ScaleType Slice. Today I decided to play my game on my iPad and noticed that the buttons have some weird lines of pixels.

Here you see a screenshot from my iPad.

Where
It happens to most of my ImageLabels/ImageButtons. I suspected it to be forcing the buttons into Tile ScaleType on mobile, but then I included a line of code forcing them into Slice and then printing which ScaleType they are, it prints Slice on iPad but it appears as Tiles.
I am unable to recreate it in studio unless I make all the buttons Tile, then they look exactly like they do on iPad.

When
I have checked screenshots of the mobile version of my game and everyone on mobile have this issue with the weird pixels. So I am very unsure about when it started happening. All I know is that this has never happened to me before.

I also suspected there were few pixels at the edges of the actual images when I uploaded them but I checked them and it does not look like any of them have any floating lines of pixels.

Reproduction
Weird Ui - Roblox Allowed copying if you want to mess with it
You can play this on your phone or ipad to experience the weird lines on both of the buttons. The top one is using Slice ScaleType and the bottom one is using Tile ScaleType
You can also try on a pc to see that the top one looks completely normal.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

2 Likes