Scaling Animations with Size

Hello, I just wanted to know if it’s possible to scale animations for rigs that are smaller than the rig the animation was made with.

I’ve seen R15 characters being able to do this from a long time ago (R15 Character Scaling),
although I couldn’t find any documentation on how it’s done.

Thanks.

2 Likes

If it is a resized rig but has the same children / properties as the original your animation will still work.

1 Like

The properties are stated here:

They are inside the humanoid, you can play around with them.

Since the inception of Rthro, there are actually six Humanoid scaling values. Everything in this list as well as BodyProportionScale and BodyTypeScale. All six of these values can be found in a character Humanoid or created there to apply scaling (provided AutomaticScalingEnabled is true).

These values are representative of percentages, so if you ever need a percentage, just multiply the current number by 100 or vice versa to get the scaling value needed to get a certain scaling percent. Each of the scales are defaulted to 100% (1) but can change. These are native values that can be achieved through avatar customisation on the website over developer-set values:

Scaling Type Min % Max %
BodyDepthScale* 100% (1) 100% (1)
BodyHeightScale 90% (0.9) 105% (1.05)
BodyProportionScale 0% (0) 100% (1)
BodyTypeScale 0% (0) 100% (1)
BodyWidthScale 70% (0.7) 100% (1)
HeadScale 95% (0.95) 100% (1)

* Cannot be set from the avatar configuration menu

2 Likes

It seems to be acting different. Let’s say I resized a rig 2 times smaller than its original size and played an animation on it, the transforms still act like the rig is 2 times bigger.

If you are scaling the rig using the scale tool you may have isssues, refer to colberts post above.

Asking a clarifying question: by “… scale animations for rigs that are smaller than the rig the animation was made with” do you mean you want a walking animation to play faster when on a smaller rig, and slower on a larger one?
Or do you mean you want movement (not rotations, but translations) in the animation to scale with the rig it’s used on?