Scaling Down a Game

Hi Developers,

I am currently developing a flight simulator, and due to the large map size the whole game is 20x smaller than real life (my scaling: 1 stud = 1 foot). Because of this, the player will be 20x bigger than intended.

I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I scale down the player so that they can play the game as if the game was scaled normally? I know this is possible because Pilot Training Flight Simulator has done this and it isn’t noticable at all.

2. How can I edit the game so that it looks like the normal size? This would be very helpful because then I could edit in the normal amount of detail that I normally do.

Do any of you know how I can do these things? Thanks!

1 Like

use mesh parts instead of roblox default parts since there are scaling limit although you can also union it or did you meant the camera

1 Like

Hi sam_0987654321best,
I was asking how to view the Studio camera in a zoomed in way to make it easier to edit stuff on such a small scale :slight_smile:

Try increasing the focal length/fov on the camera

1 Like

Oof, that doesn’t seem to work. It only makes the camera view less area.

Maybe just model it scaled up slightly and then scale it back down when you’re done

That’s not too good of an option either, because for every edit I would have to keep scaling it, which could get a bit messy with the systems I am planning to implement. Thanks for your suggestions though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe there’s something like this in the Studio settings? Have you tried looking into the settings of Roblox Studio?

1 Like

Yeah, I have. There’s only the options to control the camera speed :confused:

1 Like

I’m not sure if there is anyway you could do this. I found one of the only post that talks about camera size but it’s a feature that someone wants to add. But the replies says otherwise. :confused:

Camera New Property, Camera.Size

Unless there is something I missed or there is a new feature

Edit: you can always scale down the player in-game to make it so the buildings are larger than you, however I’m not sure about the studio camera itself.

1 Like

Do you know how to scale down the player, or could you link me to a tutorial? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think 20 studs is 1 meter.
type

This is what I could fine, I hope you find your solution in the future. I wish you all the best in making a Flight Simulator :slightly_smiling_face:

@CheesesPuffss thank you! That’ll be really helpful! :slight_smile:

@rottendogDkR
what

1 Like

I was just saying if you your game to be accurate 1 meter equals 20 studs.
6 studs is like 1 foot.

I already know my usual scaling methods. I use a scale of 1 stud = 1 foot, meaning that the average roblox character is around 1.5m tall. With this scaling, 20 studs would be around 6m.