Scaling tool comes out weird when trying to scale an union

When I try to scale an union, the scale buttons or what you call them, doesnt come out straight but instead, how can I say… I’ll just put a screenshot there. I’m building for years and for some reason I dont remember experiencing something like this before, possibly I accidentally turned on or off a setting or this is a new feature or I’ts just a feature that exists for years… I don’t know, but here’s the screenshot:

If there’s any way to fix this, please let me know! Thanks everyone!

It appears that studio decides that your object is facing downwards when it is obviously not… This isn’t a bug, just a funky stuff Roblox Studio has been doing with union for quite some time.

try ctrl+L to switch between “local” rotation method (orientation of handles will be relative to the direction object is facing) and “global” rotation method (fixed handles relative to world orientation and coordinate
You can also correct this issue by creating a invisible part that wraps around the union, and select both together when you resize the union. delete after resize is done. (However, this would only allow the proportion of union and the part to be modified not stretching it, unless you union the invisible part and the ring together)

You could also consider exporting this union as mesh, import it back again as MeshPart. Apply colours and materials accordingly. A meshpart should not have this problem. (Save the original union somewhere so that you can modify it at later date)

2 Likes

Yeah uh, ctrl+L only works for move and rotation sadly, doesn’t change the issue with scaling. I figured out the second advice u gave to me thank you, I just wanted to know if there’s another easier way to fix it, like maybe an option in settings. Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.