Scaling UI when Screen is Resized

I’m trying to make a GUI where, when the screen is resized, the UI buttons stay the same size. Below is an example of what I am talking about.

Link to game in video : player rng 🎲 (testing) - Roblox

As seen in the video, all of the buttons stay the same size whether the Roblox window is resized vertically or horizontally. I’m not sure if this would require scripting or if this is achievable within the properties of the UI.

I’ve tried making both the position and size of the buttons offset; however, I was not able to get it to scale with all devices.

1 Like

This plugin will help.

Could you provide further detail on how this would help? I’ve had this plugin for years and I don’t believe it has the capability to do what I’m talking about with offset but still scaling on all devices.

It has the feature to add a constraint that makes a GUI object stay the same size no matter the resolution.

I myself have used it for this purpose, and it worked fine.

He showcases it in the video around 3:31

but it wouldn’t be as good as the one shown in the video, probably. but it works, I guess. You just have to see what works and what doesn’t. From my personal experience, it’s good enough for me.

[chicken man is here :D]

Couldn’t you just use the offset property for guis? So that the GUI doesn’t change size when the screen is scaled.

They said they already tried using offsets I believe

Oh yeah that autoscale plugin should be good. I remember using that heheheh.

ye, it good as hell, also I love your display name

This is what I tried originally, except it does not scale for all devices. I want it to be offset in the video I sent but act like that for all screen sizes. So for example, the buttons on a larger screen computer would be larger than the buttons on a smaller computer while still having the offset properties.

These constraints make it so when the screen size is changed, it changes the overall size, which is not what I am going for.

1 Like

Hm yeah, try using the plugin then.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Just got bullied for helping someone earlier so I needed that XD.

1 Like

Well, in that case, I don’t really know what to do.

This is what it does if I use the plugin for a constraint.

Like I said, this is not what I am going for. If you look back at the video I sent originally, it does not change the size of the buttons. However, if I use entirely offset, then the buttons will be too large for some devices, such as small screen laptops.