Scam and Advertisement messages in group walls seriously needs fixing

Currently all large groups with public group walls get spammed with scam links or advertisement to other games. This has been a problem ever since my game was released over a year ago and the bots posting these have been getting worst.

Examples

What I think should be done to help alleviate the problem:

• Give group owners option to not allow links to get posted within the group wall.
    The only links that should be allowed are people sharing private servers or links to items that is a part of the group such as clothing, gamepasses, private server links for games owned by the group, ect.

• Better filtering for duplicate copy paste messages. Maybe this should be an option that group owners can also enable that auto deletes messages that Roblox thinks is copy pasted

• Give group owners the option to prevent new users from posting group wall messages, maybe even give the option for us to select how many hours or days they need to be in the group before being able to send messages?

These issues also happen for avatar shop items but it’s not as big of a deal as the group wall. Maybe a similar settings option can be placed for the avatar shop items if it’s easy to implement?

78 Likes

Roblox does not allow links to be posted under avatar items, I think moving this behavior to group walls would be a good implementation until more permissions can be added under groups such as what you mentioned above.

6 Likes

Support.

If you’ve ever tried copy-pasting on the DevForum, you’ll know that an error message pops up saying, “Message body is too similar to what you recently posted.”. Something like this, but for groups, would be immensely helpful.

For links, I think as the OP mentioned, I think that the only links that should be allowed are ones that pertain specifically to group games or assets, for example UGC. However, there should be a toggle for this in the group settings.

Finally, similar to the 2-week payout wait for groups, group owners should have the ability to set a short time before new users can post. This can be done manually as well via ranks and bots, however, a first-party method would be very helpful.

4 Likes

This issue has been getting even worst the past few weeks.

I will be temporarily closing our group wall messages until there is more ways to help prevent this or the amount of bot messages lowers.

4 Likes

I think that this is a issue that needs to be addressed if roblox cared about scamming

1 Like