SCAR H reload and stuff

15 minutes of animating for 2.5 seconds of animations. Very cool.

8 Likes

Not bad at all.

How’s the audio on that though?

1 Like

It’s looking good, but I have a few suggestions.

The style of the animation itself is nice, but I think some parts need to be a little smoothed over and with more points of rotation. In some movements, I can kinda visualize the axis of rotation that you are using and it makes it feel a little robotic. You can hide this effect by making smaller movements that makes the rotation more natural and less stiff.

There are also some movements that don’t make much sense to me. For example, when the character releases the magazine, the character adjusts the front portion of the weapon and lifts it up, but then he immediately readjusts it again with little transition time before inserting a new magazine. I think it’s much better to remove the first adjustment and instead blend the whole animation with the 2nd adjustment instead. I’m not sure if you were trying to give the illusion of the character struggling with the weight of the weapon, and if you were, I don’t think the animation really sells it. Otherwise, I like everything else. Keep it up!

4 Likes

I kind of made a (Extremely bad) replica of what the rifle might look like and did a few reload tests to see how it would move. I settled for a bit of like a bounce thing. Yea that was why there was that kind of awkward motion in between lol

Thanks for the suggestions btw

the audio fits the animations a bit. Not aligned though because I’m broke and I can’t make my own audio.

It seems to robotic. Reloads should feel smooth and natural, but your kinda feels like it all snaps into place. Maybe make it not Linear?

2 Likes

i get what you mean lol
sorry for the late reply

i mean constant is just 1 fps at 10000 ping
bounce is basically bounce but kind of weird
sine is ok though