Scheduling for private messages [Closed]

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to send PMs at optimal times based on differing time zones. For this reason, it would be useful to have the ability to schedule PMs. For instance, a user could schedule a PM to be sent to another user based on their time zone. Discourse already has the feature to schedule topics.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because it would make it easier to send PMs at optimal times.

EDIT: I’m closing this topic because I’ve been convinced that this feature is unneeded. I appreciate the feedback and apologize for any inconvenience!

Please note that this was just an idea I had. The main use case for this feature would be scheduling PMs around differing time zones. Feel free to comment other use cases and if you think this feature would be useful!

3 Likes

You can set your time zone in your preferences.

1 Like

Can you describe genuine use cases for this feature? I don’t see why you would need to schedule for timezones. This is not a place where the most views or likes will bring you anything.

This is technically difficult to implement, so you would need to justify it considerably beside being just a “nice to have” for no reason.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! This feature request was more of a quick suggestion, and staff can close it if they deem it unnecessary. After viewing your post, I realize now that there wouldn’t be many use cases for a user to schedule topics (this would probably be more for staff). I will edit the OP accordingly. I still think that this would be a good feature for private messages though.

That still doesn’t count, Imagine Person A lives in Singapore while Person B lives in California, Person A sends it to Person B, but hours later, Person B responds, When you set your time zone, It will only apply to Discourse’s timezone, It should restrict it to the device’s timezone, like Someone could travel fram Amsterdam to Yerevan, yet their timezone in the forums is still in Europe/Amsterdam, and they will have to manually set up the timezone in their settings

Does it sound like waiting for response is an issue? You don’t have to wait for an response when making a PM, I sent some PM’s which got no response (sometimes a like but likes don’t matter in this case), Don’t expect to get a response in 10 minutes, I even made a PM and got a response like three months later

2 Likes

@xChris_vC @VSCPlays I really appreciate your valid viewpoints. Your posts have revealed major oversights on my behalf for impulsively creating this topic. For this reason, I will be closing it.

I should have focused more on use cases in the forum and shouldn’t have been subjective in viewing this just as a good idea. I will definitely take this into account before making another feature request. I’ll be honest, the inspiration for this topic (as silly as it may sound) was scheduling emails in Gmail.

To staff, my apologies for any inconvenience this thread may have caused. If this feature is ever considered in the future, it can be unlocked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.