Sci-Fi Road/Feedback/Help/Advice

Hello, I have begun to tackle a rather large new project. A project in which I have to build a whole entire city themed in the future, from scratch. I’ve planned it out and have started making some road designs. In my current design there’s a sort of motorway type road which circles the city (this road will be held up in the air) from this road I will connect everything up then work on the buildings.
I would like feedback on my road, and possibly some help with making it connect properly and being a proper circle, thank you.

Now my problem-
Currently I am using the Archimedes plugin to make it circle correctly, while this is good, to be expected, I still get errors.

Basically what I am asking here is, am I A) doing something wrong or, B) Do I have to fix these things manually? and C) Is there a way you know to make this work better?

8 Likes

Which Archimedes plugin version do you have?

1 Like

Looks great! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

The latest plugin update available.

Do you have the auto resize setting enabled?

1 Like

I have tried it with that option as well, there are still some erros though.

I may just have to use a perfect circle exported from blender.

Try looking throughout the entire circle to see where it starts to break. Also make sure the orientation is flat.

Ok, I will do that! Thanks for helping btw :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Looks good, except that textures would be better for general optimisation of the game.

you may be experiencing this bug. it doesn’t really have a fix, but a workaround would be to use a script to teleport the parts to their proper position when the server loads.

1 Like

Thanks, but what do you mean about textures for optimization of games? Do materials make it worse for the game?

No, the extensive use of parts does. You can make the same pattern as a texture, that’s gonna save up more resources.

Wait so textures are put on mesh parts though right?

Not only, you can put it on a part/union just like a decal.

1 Like

Could use some more neon, and the street lights don’t exactly look sci-fi…but overall it’s decent in my opinion. Keep it up. :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks! I will add something to add a bit more of a shine.

1 Like

Glad to hear it, friend! Feel free to run the improved version by me when it’s completed. :slight_smile:

Make sure your first road section has it’s Orientation on 0,0,0.

Not doing this causes lots of edge messups

1 Like

Ok, I will, thank you for taking the time to reply!

1 Like