Sci-Fi Road/Feedback/Help/Advice

I have tried it with that option as well, there are still some erros though.

I may just have to use a perfect circle exported from blender.

Try looking throughout the entire circle to see where it starts to break. Also make sure the orientation is flat.

Ok, I will do that! Thanks for helping btw :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Looks good, except that textures would be better for general optimisation of the game.

you may be experiencing this bug. it doesn’t really have a fix, but a workaround would be to use a script to teleport the parts to their proper position when the server loads.

1 Like

Thanks, but what do you mean about textures for optimization of games? Do materials make it worse for the game?

No, the extensive use of parts does. You can make the same pattern as a texture, that’s gonna save up more resources.

Wait so textures are put on mesh parts though right?

Not only, you can put it on a part/union just like a decal.

1 Like

Could use some more neon, and the street lights don’t exactly look sci-fi…but overall it’s decent in my opinion. Keep it up. :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks! I will add something to add a bit more of a shine.

1 Like

Glad to hear it, friend! Feel free to run the improved version by me when it’s completed. :slight_smile:

Make sure your first road section has it’s Orientation on 0,0,0.

Not doing this causes lots of edge messups

1 Like

Ok, I will, thank you for taking the time to reply!

1 Like

Needs more attention to the Sci-Fi design. I see that you’re trying to achieve that by adding neons at road shoulders, but overall, the design should be improved - your build looks like a typical roadway.

Your improved design should have most of the materials in metal, with vibrant but pleasing colours to the eye. You search some from the web for inspirations, to get what I mean.

Overall, it is a good attempt and you should keep it up and stay consistent to improve! :wink:

Ok, thanks for your feedback! I do definitely agree with the materials. :smiley:

Archimedes has always been kind of weird for when you work with extra objects going vertically (In your case, the railings).

A solution that COULD work is using a plugin like Buildv4, and Rotate via a selected point. In this case, a corner on the entire model. And then just resize align all the parts you need to connect together.

I’m unsure if Studio Build Suite has the same feature because I don’t use it. Hope this helps!

Ok, thanks, I couldn’t find the plugins you mentioned in the tool box, if possible could you send me the links? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Of course!

BuildV4: Build v4 - Roblox
Studio Build Suite: Studio Build Suite - Roblox

1 Like