Rules & Regulations
Last Updated: June 10th, 2022
Hello! Welcome to Area-02, brought to you by @Toad_II’s SCPF and Scorched Entertainment.
Area-02 is a roleplay game based around the SCP Genre and the SCP Foundation. At Area-02, you can select one of many teams and choose to play in that field. From the Scientific Department all the way to the Rapid Response team, Area-02 is limitless in the possibilities you have.
You can experiment on SCPs, test Class-D personnel, become a Class-D, fight raiders such as the Chaos Insurgency, become an elite member of the Rapid Response Team, and many more! You can even become an SCP yourself and use the anomalous powers given to you to wreak havoc on the facility; or you can be peaceful and spread joy and happiness as SCP-999.
This bulletin board topic will brief you on the rules and regulations of Area-02 so that you can play the game in a way that it stays within our community guidelines.
- Follow the Roblox Terms of Service and Roblox Community Guidelines . These are enforced by our moderators at the highest level and no exceptions will be made.
- Don’t perform any glitches or bugs. Doing so will get you banned from the game. The same rule applies to exploiters.
- Respect all players equally. Area-02 hosts many players from different backgrounds as well as different devices. Remember that Xbox players do not have access to the chat feature and you must use the shortcut “Z” keybind to access premade chats to communicate with them.
- Always report rule breakers and admin abusers using the in-game report system or via our communications server.
- Don’t leave while frozen. This will result in an “LTAP” (Leaving To Avoid Punishment) and temporarily ban you from the game.
- Don’t AFK farm. AFK farming is classified as remaining unmoving, away from your keyboard, or “tabbed out” (when you are on a different screen or window and not playing the game) for more than 5 minutes. Moderators may forcibly remove you from the game or swap your teams if you do so.
- Don’t enter unauthorized areas. If your keycard doesn’t allow you to be there, then you are not allowed to be there.
- Do not wall-shoot or corner-shoot. Wall-shooting/corner-shooting is classified as hiding your body behind a wall and then aiming your gun in a way that it shoots through the wall to hit another player.
- Do not random kill or random taze. Random killing and tazing varies depending on the case but generally it refers to: not shooting your teammates and not shooting non-hostile individuals.
- Don’t spawn camp. “Spawn camping” is when a player stays near a spawn for a long period of time, continuously killing people trying to exit the spawn.
- Don’t free Class-D personnel or breach SCPs unless you are the Chaos Insurgency. (Class-D may also breach SCPs)
- Only members of the Scientific Department may test SCPs. Medical Department personnel may perform check-ups however. The Scientific Department has a limit of 3 Class-Ds per test.
- Don’t abuse the control room alarms. Abuse is classified as spamming them (repeatedly turning them on and off in rapid intervals) or using them incorrectly (i.e. a breach alarm where a riot alarm should be used).
The Development Team respects the players of Area-02 and does it’s best to put out sales as much as it can for popular gamepasses. With this in mind, keep in mind the following when purchasing a gamepass or product from our stores:
- Refunds are not available for any product you purchase from Area-02. Refunds need to go through Roblox as we do not have the ability to refund players.
- Gamepasses are a privilege, not a right. This means that any rule breaking can result in a ban, tempban, etc. We will not refund your purchase(s) if you break a rule on Area-02 and receive a punishment for it.
- If a product or gamepass does not work, join our official server to file a bug report with the necessary information. Our Development Team is dedicated to providing fixes for any issues you encounter with the products you spend money on.
- Gamepass Administrators (GPAs) are subject to rules on top of the above. Suspension or revocation of their GPA status is entirely possible and are treated differently than normal players. For more information, join our official server.
Staff members will be disguised as regular players for the majority of the time. If you come across a staff member, avoid notifying others to their presence as it helps them complete their job.
If you are punished by a staff member, a message will display on screen showing that you have been warned or are frozen. The staff member will be visible as having a tag over their head. An example could be an Administrator tag.
If a player states they are a staff member and doesn’t have their tag shown, they are lying. Do not listen to them.
To become a staff member, you may join our official communications server and apply when applications come out monthly.
Always remember that a Moderator’s authority is final and any punishment issued by them should not be argued with. (As a side note, bans are appealable in our official server.)
From all of us at Area-02 and Scorched Entertainment, we wish you a pleasant gameplay experience. Remember to respect other players, moderators/staff, and most importantly, have fun!