Screen Sharing!

That’s not what I said. Read the paragraph again. And properly this time. I explained what I meant below.

Pixel drawing games do not have systems that can work against players who draw malicious things, besides reporting players who do so.

How long it takes to draw the “malicious drawing” is not relevant here.

I am not even saying that Roblox wouldn’t close a game that uses something like this resource by the way, I am just saying that it isn’t directly against Roblox TOS. Roblox just doesn’t like stuff like this being on the platform for some reason.
Things like being able to control a bot that plays Roblox with real-time screen feed which wasn’t really able to show any content against TOS was also removed by Roblox, so they seem to have something against screen sharing in general.

2 Likes

Reporting the drawings was the thing that I was talking about. Moderating them with a team is possible whether, in a live screen-sharing game, it is not or extremely hard.
Also, how long it takes to draw the malicious drawing is pretty relevant as it’s related to one of the main things that we’re talking about here.

It is under the Misuse of Roblox Systems and many games and accounts were terminated over this. Even some forum posts. There’s a reason why moderation exists when you think about it.

It’s not because they have something against screen sharing, it’s about the safety of their players. (In fact, in the previous Hackweek, one of the creations from the participants was an in-studio screen-sharing system that won first place in the category “Take the Long View”)

where exactly is the third dimension :thinking:

There is literally “Attempting to get prohibited content around our safety systems, including by hiding violative elements of assets”, Reread the rules a million times until you fully know it

did you read the sentence you just quoted properly at all? and if you did, did you actually read the words in the sentence? did you notice how it said “prohibited content”?
from what I remember, showing a screen with no “prohibited content” does not count as “prohibited content”, or does it now?

please don’t embarrass yourself by saying stuff like this ever again

bro what took you so long :skull: :skull: :skull:

I noticed it, Anyone can stream sexually explicit content using this and players can see it without any filter whatsoever

what makes you think I look on this site frequently enough to not “take so long”

And in drawing games you can draw and write whatever you want without any filter whatsoever too

thats like comparing a video game console to a PC…

It literally bypasses image moderation. Even if it isn’t prohibited content it still bypasses it.

TL:DR: The only purpose of this “tool” is to bypass moderation and the owner knows it. Theres quite literally no other purpose behind this. Even if you don’t stream NSFW, it is most likely that you will “accidentally” stream swear words and much more.

All use cases the owner has mentioned are completely stupid. Roblox shouldn’t allow streaming your screen to MINORS/UNDER 13 YEAR OLDS

This should answer most of this. I most likely won’t respond again to a reply.

1 Like

I mean I made my own screen sharing tool. It’s in a private game. I made it so me and my friend could chill in roblox and watch videos or movies in a home movie theater in roblox. My game is in no means getting shown to the public. I don’t see any problem in my use case.

I think people who use this should simply use it to a similar purpose to mine but the games containing this model should be kept private and not public.

Of course, my argument doesn’t stop anybody from putting this code in a public game but that is no longer the fault of the person who made the code.

1 Like

people could lure minors easily into the game. so i still think that roblox shouldn’t allow this model at all.

1 Like

That’s a complete other problem though. Even if this post didn’t exist, anyone determined enough to do this is able to do it. Also, anyone with the level of intelligence of wanting to lure minors easily into a game for the simple purpose of showing them NSFW content is surely not intelligent enough to set this up.

You do have a point though that this could happen.

Thats why i said that Roblox should disallow this. any game containing this should get banned in my opinion.

was just an example that came across my mind. there are a bunch of other examples.

1 Like

Agreed, I am a minor (by minor I mean a person under the age of 18)

Bro I remember comparing a PS4 to my laptop when I bought it during the pandemic.

People are being so butthurt about something they won’t use. If you won’t use it then who cares, you’re not being impacted whatsoever. He only made it as a fun project to test with webservers and the new class which was ADDED BY ROBLOX THEMSELVES.

Anyone can abuse this however you want, and the same could apply to anything else that literally exists like Textboxes, shirts, etc. I could get 4 accounts on one server with a shirt that displays each letter of a swear word and line them all up, that’s still abusing a feature and that’s their fault. There’s no difference, you can literally abuse anything that exists in Roblox.

1 Like

I found someone catching a ton of people spelling the N word by capes

anyways why do people bring up unrelated examples of misuse of roblox systems

if you actually read my TL:DR then you would have known that i said “Roblox shouldn’t allow streaming your screen to Minors/under 13 year olds”

I am aware the class was added by roblox themselves.

Why are you bringing unrelated stuff up??? those shirts have gone through moderation. This, doesn’t have ANY moderation. And you cannot avoid the shirt thing.

Drawing games literally bypass image moderation too? Even if it isn’t prohibited content it still bypasses it? You are making no sense. Also that comparison you tried to make kinda sucked.
Roblox added EditableImage which, when changed, technically automatically bypasses moderation. But TOS doesn’t actually complain about that, it just doesn’t want prohibited content, not any content, to be bypassed.

So because you aren’t creative enough to find a purpose you don’t expect anyone else to either?

I’m not even arguing that this should be added to a game, I’m arguing that it isn’t actually against TOS if not used to stream prohibited content, which is literally factual.

1 Like

At this point you guys are arguing that the whole idea of EditableImage is against TOS. I also had enough arguing here so that’s all you’re getting from me.

give me one purpose???

Your going so off-topic at this point

Once again, i am aware that this is not against the ToS, which is why i said "Roblox shouldn’t allow streaming your screen to MINORS/UNDER 13 YEAR OLDS