Script Analysis: Sort setting to sort order of scripts

As a Roblox developer, it is hard to sort and organize what scripts are shown in order.

Currently, a new update was shipped to Script Analysis that organized scripts from Workspace > TestService, or ModuleScripts > ServerScript, however, this bothers me when I have a ton of warnings in many modules, allowing a sort to sort whenever I need to see a warning w/out scrolling would be nice.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience so I wouldn’t have to scroll through many warnings that take up 95% of the dock. (Small request: a (:gear:) for every S.A setting?)

1 Like

Hi Ioueque,

Thanks for reporting! I wonder what’s your scenario about using sorting/filtering. Are you trying to find specific warning message? Doesn’t “Display only current script” help you filter out warning message from other modules? What if we provide another option like “Display open scripts”?

3 Likes

Quick response, well, I have many workspaces where they contain different types of scripts ranging from Modules, Client and Server sided scripts for almost anything, and module errors like Roact and Rodux take up a ton of space in my Script Analysis, which is where filtering or sorting comes into play. With that last part, I’m not looking to find specific warning messages, just to eliminate ones that isn’t my fault.

“Display only current script” helps me only filter out one script, and this is useful when I’m creating a brand new script, this doesn’t help me when I’m scavenging scripts throughout DataModels that are not what I’m looking for (ex. Most server scripts might have errors, and they’re deep and in ServerScriptService, or in Teams, and most modules like Roact take up 88% of Script Analysis).

Hmm, this could work in some workflows of mine, but sorting, not so much.