Script Editor API - Full Release!

As far as I’m aware there is no keyword that starts with Lua within’ the editor.

You could avoid having to type the whole name just by typing Lua and then arrow keys + enter to select.

If a person is going the arrow keys + enter method you could add the whole name LuaUtils

2 Likes

since everyone else is linking their plugins here

I’ve finished my plugin for this, you can provide a modulescript with configs and then my plugin will match it against autocomplete suggestions and override properties on the autocomplete;

Example:

Plugin:

Read More:

3 Likes

sooo anyways heres my new plugin!

exactly as the name implies it autocompletes the service name and it kindly adds the Get Service equivelent to the top of the script

Examples:
https://gyazo.com/31a44161064f8ff4801cbf6c766e0055
https://gyazo.com/1e2b1ded99c1fa3d88bf4cfa8fa591b5
https://gyazo.com/9b00a0c4134d83562823664a0d316469

3 Likes

Ever since this update I’ve felt that the autocomplete has been a bit laggy when typing fast, is it just me or anyone else felt that?

2 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with a Fusion autocomplete/assistance plugin using this new API. Nothing to announce, just experimenting so far!

Since Fusion’s almost completely statically typed already (at least, as of v0.2), there isn’t actually too much missing from the autocomplete out-of-the-box! Mostly it’s just instance APIs which needed filling in, so this plugin adds autocompletes for these instance related things:

• Class names
  • Property and callback names
  • OnEvent event names
  • OnChange/Out property names

With the following features:

• Respects deprecated, read-only, PluginSecurity/RobloxSecurity and non-creatable/browsable instance types
  • Generates Luau-style type information from the API dump
  • Enable and disable plugin at any time
  • Acceleration data structures for lightning fast lookups and completions
  • Smartly detects property tables in your code, not just single keyword detection
  • Detects when Fusion is not in use and turns off features to save performance
  • Human-readable error messages and easy reloading if the plugin breaks
  • Feels just as natural as the rest of Studio’s autocomplete

If/when I release this, I’ll make sure to drop it somewhere on these DevForums too :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Incredible! I can’t wait to try it out!

1 Like

I find it funny how no one else has mentioned the font being used in those screenshots here.

2 Likes

This plugin is very neat, I like it!
Hopefully this gets support for comments as so:

(autocomplete currently appears here)
--> Services
(autocomplete would appear here instead)

Either way snippets like these are going to be really handy and definitely speed up making scripts.

1 Like

Yeah I have a few plans including ignoring upper level comments, leaving a line of padding between auto completed services and code beneath and alphabetically sorting the getservice statements.

I’ll make a dedicated thread soon but yesterday was just testing that it was possible.

1 Like

I am back, just want to drop my plugin that I made using this service aswell!

1 Like

I dont want to burst your bubble, keep at it, but Roblox is internally working on a snippets feature thats currently enabled on internal mode with FFlags

This plugin is still cool I imagine though.

Is there a way for us to change the tab that’s currently open? Opening a script through the service will automatically switch it to the script editor, but I need to change it back to the normal tab as I’m making a node editor UI utilizing this. It’d literally mean saving only one click but shouldn’t be hard to implement if that’s not already a feature.

1 Like

This is a great addition, the plugin market is gonna go on the highs!

That’s a wonderful feature to have, you can make your own snippets!

2 Likes

Can we have the ability to pull one or more characters from a continuous buffer without lines, this is basic functionality that exists in most io libraries.

1 Like

Awesome! Very helpful so far. It’s insane.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.