Script Editor - Code Formatting Improvements and New Features

Yes this is how exactly it is working now!

3 Likes

oh my god is this update a life saver, my scripts won’t be spaghetti code any longer with this…

2 Likes

automatic un-indenting

Pretty sure we already have this, it just does it when you press enter rather than when you finish writing the keyword.

Re: OP:

Rejoice! More awesome features! :smiley:

1 Like

Really good feature!

A co-scripter in my team never uses the auto-indentation and I found that mildly infuriating. Now the scripts are in heaven!

1 Like

Awesome feature! @Alvin_Blox just made a video about these updates! Glad to see this update! I’ve got 2 suggestions:

1. Please add a code minimap, kind of like this in VS Code:

2. (this probably has been asked a million times) Please add native intellisense! That would be so helpful! It would also be nice to have native rojo support!

Thank you so much for working on the text editor!

Next up, granular syntax! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

But who actually uses spaces for indenting? Why?

I’m guessing its probably because of sites like ScriptingHelpers that don’t properly copy tabs and instead replace them with four spaces

2 Likes

No, I know that. It was meant as a joke. Spaces just aren’t that common.

2 Likes

Wish to add features such as automatic break on loops that just don’t wait

1 Like

Can autofill for CFrames be added?

8 Likes

A very nice feature, this would be very useful if I ever decide to leave my precious VSC + Rojo workflow. Nonetheless, it makes me happy to see the script editor evolve though :slight_smile:

Pretty sure it’s CFrame:2OilerAngels()

5 Likes

I can’t see the arrows or dots for indentation. I’m on a MacBook Pro; I’m not sure if it’s supported yet for Apple.

did you turn on “show whitespaces” from setting?

2 Likes

Is there a way to hide only the space whitespace and not the tab? I really like it displays the tabs but the space’s whitespace is annoying because it shows every single space in my script with a little dot.

Here is a small UX bug, when trying to add a string to an array inserting quotes is awkward. When typing quotes, if the string ahead of the cursor is a valid string then it should insert a new double quote instead of skipping to after the existing one

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.