Script editor has no colors & renders improperly in viewport

Reproduction Steps
Currently, as of 9/30/22, the script editor in studio will sometimes not have any colors. Attempting to fix this by restarting studio results in the viewport getting completely messed up, as seen below:

It is worth noting, I have the new docking behavior in studio, which has had its fair share of rendering problems.

Expected Behavior
It is expected that the script editor would behave normally

Actual Behavior
The script editor has no colors, and will render improperly in the viewport

Workaround
None

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-30 00:09:00 (-04:00)

4 Likes

Workaround:
Restart your Roblox Studio. Sometimes it’s fixed, sometimes it’s not.

Hi, this is probably the result of a change I made. We slowly rolled out some new backend changes, randomly enabled at the beginning of your session. Restarting studio should have a 65% chance to fix your issue.

I disabled the flags that are responsible for this about 20 minutes ago, though they can take a bit to properly roll out. Let me know if this happens over the weekend.

3 Likes

That being said the viewport rendering improperly is probably not related to the syntax highlighting thing.

2 Likes

[ Regarding improper viewport render ]
If you’re on macOS, this sometimes happens with displays on 3D games. I don’t know why, but that’s all I know.

Am running Windows 10, it’s probably a universal bug.

Something similar Windows incorrectly docking in Studio - #44 by SPOOK_EXE

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey everyone, just circling back here - we’ve marked this as done, are you still having issues?