Script editor open for deleted script

It is possible to open the script editor for a deleted script / a script that will immediately be deleted.

This happens whether or not Temporary Script Tabs are enabled, although the reproduction steps are different. I first noticed this happening today (version 0.457.0.414557, Windows 10 64-bit) but it may have been possible for a while.

The single-click temporary tabs feature makes this happen naturally much more often: the alternative repro step with beta features enabled at step 4 below is a common action used by developers for deleting scripts (click and press delete in quick succession / at the same time).

Repro steps

1. Open a new Baseplate place.
  2. Insert a script.
  3. Close the script editor tab for the inserted script.

(Temporary script tabs disabled)

1. Double click the script in the explorer, holding the Delete key after the first click.

(Temporary script tabs enabled)

1. While holding the Delete key, left click the script in the explorer.
    Alternatively, left click the script and press the Delete key at the same time.

Expected result

Script is deleted, script editor does not open.

Actual result

Script is deleted, script editor opens.

Temporary script tabs disabled

Temporary script tabs enabled

7 Likes

Thanks for the report. Please expect a delay in progress due to holidays and we will get back to you as soon as we return.

4 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue

This is still occurring. I have updated the language in the post now that the Temporary Script Tabs setting exists as that is now the correct way to differentiate between the two sets of repro steps.

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.