Script-Editor Warning Information Doesnt Work?

You know when you hover over a red underline, in the script editor, and a little information box with info about the error pops up?

Is there a setting somewhere that enables/disables it??

So a couple of days ago, it stopped popping up for me. At first it didn’t bother me, because most of the errors were easy to fix, without needing much info. But right now I’m trying to modify someone else’s code, which led me to truly understand the importance of having it.

I have tried asking on Roblox discord server, but got 0 replies. And i cant find anything about it on the dev-forum…

Video Example (A bit dramatic but gets the point across):

Please help me get the error information pop-up back!

1 Like

Did you try and leave your mouse over the red line for a while without typing or clicking anything (or moving your mouze)? EEEEE
(Nobody said it waz eazehhhhhhh)

1 Like

Yes, here is 10 seconds of me hovering over it, waiting for something to happen.

3 Likes

Did you take a look at the settings?
maybe that workz?

My scripteditor tab looks like this:
check yourz iz any different,

1 Like

Yeah i looked through the settings, the only thing i could find, that’s related to the warning pop-up, is “Enable Script Analysis.” But sadly, turning it off just removes the red lines, and turning it back on doesn’t bring back my warning pop-up

(I am heartbroken💔)

2 Likes

Hmmm, now I’m no expert but I think you need to reinstall roblox studio! (kinda)
Do this:
Go to start,
then type control panel
then open it and go to programz
Press programs and featurez

and then find studio right click and uninstall
THEN open studio up again, it is not removed from your computer, it will automatically install
Quick Question, does the hover over effect work with anything else?

like that

2 Likes

Oof, I feared it might lead up to this…

The thing is, I have changed a-lot of studio settings over the months. And tbh, idek all the settings I’ve even changed. (Probs why i ended up in this situation lol).

And unfortunately, I would rather not have my be-loved warning pop-up, if it means fully re-installing studio.

Thanks for the suggestion @oscoolerreborn. But I will keep messing around until its back, or I’ve lost all hope, in which case, rip warning pop-up, you will be missed.

2 Likes

Hmmm, what other things could i hover over to test? I haven’t got a clue of what type of prompts are “hover-able” in the script-editor.

1 Like

how about something simple like the like button?

1 Like

Well, outside the script-editor, everything with a hover feature, works. Even within Roblox-Studio, for e.g. properties within an objects properties list, work without any issues.

2 Likes

This may be annoying, (it is annoying) but can you try seeing if the problem occurs in other place instances? like an empty baseplate?
Also have you thought about writing a post in #bug-reports #bug-reports:studio-bugs ? :0

Also can you try messing around with the font thing in your settings, I can’t find the exact one in mine! Also do u get these?

Sorry if it seems like too much aaaaAAAAAA! :cry: :happy4:

2 Likes

This is by no means annoying, if anything it is the opposite of that. In-fact, it is what I am expecting to be doing, in order to solve this issue.

Unfortunately, the issue still persists, even in empty studio instances. Here is another video, that demonstrates it, with “Coldplay” playing in the background to set the mood (Very Important).

Yes I have, but I cant. Due to me not having access to the “New Topic” button, as I have not yet reached a high enough Dev-Forum level? I think?

2 Likes

This also didn’t work. But I have to mention, this issue started way after I’ve started using that specific font. Which leads me to believe the issue inst related to that.

Yup, I do in-fact get these.

Side-Note:
I’m going to attempt to remember the last changes, I’ve made in Studio. Kinda wish I started figuring out what was causing the issue, back when it first started lol

2 Likes

Last thing I can say before I have to go (for now)
Can you try moving the script into an entire new window? like this:

click and hold the script tab and move your mouse up!
ill come back later, adios!

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for all the help! you’ve been really kind.

Sadly, this also didn’t work. But I haven’t lost all hope. yet.

Anyways, take care, adios!:heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

For anyone else who might be currently reading through this thread.

Here is something I have just stumbled across:
The “Script Analysis” tab in “Views,” happens to show the warning message, I would usually expect the pop-up to display!

So at-least now I know, that Studio is correctly picking up on the error.

Although the issue isn’t fixed, I will be using the Script Analysis tab as a work-around. At-least until the issue is resolved.

Breaking Newz: Reinztalling robloc ztudio doezn’t rezet your ztudio zettingz!
I’ve tezted it twice! (becauze of thiz I doubt it might help) but can you give it a go?

ok i muzt leep now goodnight!

1 Like

Oof, I went to bed, just moments before your reply!

In other news, I have just attempted to re-install Studio, using the steps from this thread:

Which unfortunately, didn’t solve the issue, which leads me to where I am now. I am going to note down all my Studio settings, then attempt re-install Studio, but following your method this time.

I think this method will work, or at-least I’m hoping it does. Cause if it doesn’t, it would most likely mean that I am stuck with this issue, as I have no more ideas of things that could resolve it.

Alright, wish me luck!

1 Like

Alright!

I have just finished re-installing Studio, and I can gladly say, that the issue has been fixed! :white_check_mark:

Tysm❗ @oscoolerreborn, you have been tremendously helpful, and I am truly thankful!:heavy_heart_exclamation:

Edit:
Also, I have figured out what caused the “Issue” to occur…
Turns out, it wasn’t an issue / bug at all. It just happens, that there was a toggle switch, to enable / disable the pop up! lol

It is under “Debugger” in studio settings (You have to scroll down a bit to find it.) It is called “Debugger Enabled.”

Like why would I ever set that to false smh🤦‍♂️

But i do have to say, although not all the Studio settings were changed, some did get reverted back to the default setting…

Notably, the Script-Editor font was changed, which is sort of odd, as non of the other Script-Editor cosmetic settings were affected. Camera settings also got reverted and probably other settings, which I have yet to notice. But this is all fine, as I have thankfully, noted down the previous settings.

But unfortunately, some things that i had forgotten about, that were affected, are plugin settings. Which all got reset, but at-least those aren’t that hard to re-configure back.

Anyways, I really appreciate your help, and I wish you great luck on your Roblox journey!

Going to mark the reply in which you suggested the re-install, as the solution
adios!:+1:

2 Likes