Script layout / method for one player games

Hello, I have recently gotten into making one player story games as i feel that they can be a more immersive experience for the player because they feel they get to decide their fate and be an active role. Where as in multiplayer story games most players feel that they have to compete with other players just to effect the story line by a minor bit.

Anyways. I was wondering if you guys had any advice or templates for making one player story games, and what works the best. (Assume im a complete beginner to scripting so that people of all levels can reference to this post in the future)

Do you mean an Horror story game?

For things such as one player games you are able to forego things such as potentially modifying interaction between two players or preventing a player from exploiting in a way that would disadvantage another player. There are other instances of this however it should be tailored to your purposes.

You should still maintain similar optimization strategies but you dont need to be as aggressive with optimizing. Practices that should be considered are things such as visual stuff on the client and so forth.

Also remember you cant completely let your guard down on exploiting and remote hijacking, but if there is no advantage gained from exploiting in a single player game than there is no point and you might as well write small amounts of server code as I mentioned earlier.

I dont believe much else would need to change, aside from things that are relevant to servers with more than one person. I hope that helps

1 Like

I mean any one player story game.

so it can be an horror one right?

yes, it can be any genre of games. heres one that i made : BloxyLiminal♟ - Roblox