Script Organization

I’m new to the game.

Currently, for better organization of script and files, I’m using __index metamethod, but I need to know from pro scripters about how do they organize their script files and other files…

Regards…

3 Likes

Mainly ModuleScripts, good spacing, and functions, which can be re-used, but only in one script each. Which is why ModuleScripts exist.

I also either put them in folders or use Rojo so that my code is within my reach Roblox Studio or not. That is out of the question, the answer to here would most likely be ModuleScripts and better formatting/spacing

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll have to second the use of Rojo, you can use more conventional file structures and also keep your workspace for non-code entities. Also a HUGE benefit of rojo, is that you get to use git!

I really enjoy Aero Game Framework combined with Rojo. If you have experience writing code and are new to Roblox, this was the most familiar project organization / workflow. It makes roblox development sort of feel like full-stack web development which was nice and familiar to me.

Sleitnick has really good youtube tutorials to get you started with Aero

My most productive roblox dev was VScode(with lua/roblox extensions)+Rojo+AGF.

4 Likes