Scripting crashes me

Sorry that im posting this on scripting support but i dont have permissions to post it on bugs reports
but either way its really spesific and wierd

Pretty much i was coding something and roblox randomly crashed
i tried to open studio again and went to code the exact thing again and when i press enter after i coded my thing it instantly crashed again and it crashed after doing the same thing last time so does anyone know why this is happening?

after i press enter after typing local CommandFunction = function()
it crashes my studio

i can provide a video of it crashing after typing enter

change it into local CommandFunction = function() end, hopefully this will help.

hey a lit bit of a update if i press ( or ) it crashes now
not even a enter so i dont know how to stop it from crashing
btw the ( or ) after typing function
i tried making a local script typing and doing the same thing but it doesnt crash which is wierd
every time i open it after crashing the less letter it crashes from
im not sure if this is from the AI trying to automaticly add something and crash my studio or not

here is the video

I don’t think this is related to the autocomplete beta. Try uninstalling Roblox Studio and see if that fixes the problem for you, otherwise you’ll need to submit a bug report as this isn’t really a scripting related issue by the looks of it.

i think i was clear that i cant but i wish i was

im going to try that right now

i reinstalled it but its still happening

Make your script shorter, maybe adding --!nocheck at the top of your script would help by disabled linting?

its not mine im just editing it

i tried this and it doenst work

No idea why this is so after reading the solutions posed. Maybe just type your code into Notepad or any other text editor and paste into place where you need it. Make sure you type more than just this line so you don’t have to press enter after it. Weird error this is, hard to ever replicate without your place and code.

Maybe it is a corrupt place file, maybe make a new place and copy everything over and try the same thing?

1 Like

this is not a corrupt file and if i copy the script for some reason it happens on every line i type it in
discord sometimes filters my scripts i sent to my friends so it must have something with the script itself

Script.txt (103.3 KB)
Commands.lua (106.0 KB)
here are both files of the script to test it out yourself

Try to write the script into another place, then copy paste it over.
Else try and delete the script itself and add a completely new one with the same code.
The last thing which might work is writing it outside of roblox studio and then pasting it in.

You could also write it differently like so:

local function commandFunction()
end
1 Like

Pasting the function with the end works but this is something really unexpected for roblox studio to randomly crash
because this could easily make people lose progress of work if occured

these 2 still crash studio it doesnt matter what game it is or not if its the exact code at a place in the tables then it crashes which i still don’t get what makes it crash