ScriptLevels - Gain XP from Writing Code!

Hello!
I made a simple plugin that is a leveling system for scripting in roblox studio. The more you write code, you gain XP! You level up after a certain amount of XP. You can flex your levels and total lines written or something. You get different ranks after a certain amount of levels. Let me know if there are any bugs. There is some anti-spam but there are some things that I can’t stop.
Before using this, you need to enable the Script Editor API by going to File > Beta Features > Scroll to "Script Editor API" and check it off
There isn’t much else to say. Let me know any suggestions or bugs!
Plugin Link: ScriptLevels - Roblox

18 Likes

So the plugin detects when you’re coding in a script, and gives you xp?

Sounds really cool. Reminds me a lot like Studio Levels.

Does this detect those using VSCode to script?

1 Like

I am not sure but I think it would only give you 30 XP every time you save it because of the anti spam.

time to become a master in this cuz I 24/7 script

Me whos gonna stay at level 1 forever

I could recommend this to a friend, seems fun

This looks like it would be burnout-inducing.

1 Like

I was just about to say, I’m sure @iGottic would be very glad to see this!

I was just about to ask, I primarily use rojo/vscode to script, is the plugin integrated to work with an external code editor?

1 Like

I just saw the source code, I recommend gving instructions on how users can edit it, for example, the script levels

Beginner
Okay
Good
Great
Pro
Very Good
Insane
Extreme
No Life
Mega Developer

or if the user wanted to edit the messages:

You are doing great!
Keep Going!
Good Job!
Keep up the good work!
Outstanding!
Keep it up!
Good work!

or more, it would be really helpful! Thanks :slight_smile:

What can you do with the XP? This is really stupid and will only encourage developers to write longer, messy code.

it’s just for fun. if the developers write poor code its on them, it only affects them.

it’s not stupid its very nice to see, as a matter of fact, i am installing this right now. i suggest you do the same.

7 Likes

you have not one notable game that i can see other than the “sword fight” game which is very easy to create. i have an idea: what if you didnt insult people’s projects just because you don’t like them? i also suggest you stop trolling on the devforum just because you feel compelled to. thanks :slight_smile:

i also suggest that you loosen up a little, it’s not a childish plugin, it’s just something to have, like a rubber duck on your desk or a sticker on your PC, it’s just for fun. it won’t hurt

4 Likes

If you’d only have released this earlier… Welp. Anyways I… MUST… GRIND

I made an update to this plugin. There are more ranks, UI updates, and bug fixes. I am still trying to think of a way to implement Rojo/VScode for this. Let me know if you would want me to sacrifice the main part of anti-spam to allow this to work with Rojo.

1 Like

Hello when I installed the plugin, I was level 304 and 16k lines wrote why?

cool plugin so far, but it’d be cool to have a leaderboard of the top people with the most xp

gg btw

nobody actually uses this plugin to compete with others when you can just simply photoshop a screenshot lol, it’s for fun and knowing how many lines you’ve written

also @DevAX1T is right, if you are a programmer that only cares about what a plugin says, then you probably aren’t a programmer but an influencer at that point