ScriptProperties - Check your script stats instantly and while writing!

ScriptProperties

Count the number of lines and characters and how many scripts you have.

Download

Recently released: V 1.2

• Default colors option
  • From now on, all settings will be saved.
Updates

V 1.0.1

The scrolling frame is now updated depending on StudioService.ActiveScript being changed. Open scripts will still be colored the same.

V 1.1

• The Settings option has been migrated to another frame.
  • Settings now include:
    • Order of scripts shown in the list
    • Color options
    • Manually/automatically set plugin theme
  • Changed what was shown in the list without hovering

V 1.1.1

• You can now determine whether the name or the directory of the script must be shown on the list. (Settings → Indicator)

Table of Contents
  • Scripts
  • Plugin
    • Functionality
  • Credits

Hello everyone! This is the second time posting in the category with another lovely plugin. You might have seen people already created the same kind of plugin, but this plugin offers many more features than others do.

Scripts

If you are viewing this post right now, I may consider you a programmer, or a broader term, code writer, so be sure to read it without any concerns. For those who are not so:

Scripts are objects composed of characters and a communication method to convey your demands to the computer. It’s like learning a new language from the beginning when you start writing. By means of advancing to the next level, scripts get more complicated than ever. You often want to glance at the stats for what you’ve written so far.

Plugin

You can install the plugin on Studio by clicking the button above. Here is a preview of it:

• Supports both studio themes (dark and light)
  • Works with scripts created by developers
  • Different settings such as whitespace character representation, color effects, list order, etc.
  • Not only that it works on individual scripts but also on all scripts for total statistics.
Old version

Credits

@Dekkonot’s Instance Serializer plugin

There is not much to add for now. If you have any questions or bug-related issues, please drop them below.

Repository

14 Likes

Do I use this just to flex on people?

You may utilize it to count characters and lines written in your scripts. This is especially beneficial when you perceive your scripts are too long or hard to comprehend. You could use the plugin without exporting the script source and check it elsewhere.

For instance, one of our modules was on the way for 5k lines of code, but we split it into seven separate modules. It was lessened to around 2.5k lines. With the help of that, we also avoided the 200 local variable limit (cannot have more than 200 local variables in a script).

:tada: Major update! New version: 1.1

There are a bunch of improvements made to the settings section. There were only two options: Toggle visibility and include whitespace characters.
I had the idea of new settings but wanted to divide it into two separate interfaces.

The new settings interface includes:

• Script order: The order of scripts. There are three options: random and, char and lines (both could be descending or ascending)
  • Color effects: Whether other colors should be used. If disabled, the colors will be set per the plugin’s colors. Otherwise, the colors will be applied by default colors, which I determined them to be. Developers may also set individual colors.
  • Plugin theme: The Plugin theme only changed if the studio theme also did. Right now, developers may set the plugin theme themselves. If set to “Auto”, the theme will be changed with the studio theme accordingly. If set to “Dark” or "Light, the plugin won’t listen to the studio.

The plugin script was optimized for several reasons.

See you around!

1 Like

Version 1.2

All the settings will be saved on your computer, so you won’t have to manually adjust the settings the next time you enter the studio.

Suppose you changed the colors, but you want to default it. Now, there exists a “default colors” option to quickly reset the colors.

not gonna lie this question sounds stupid

I am pretty confused when reading the name of the plugin, It’s ScriptProperties but it’s a plugin to check your script stats, Change it to something like ScriptStats so there will be less confusing

and I remember sleitnick made a plugin to check the lines of code, Here is the link

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion for the plugin name.

Yes, as mentioned above, some plugins do the same. Essentially, it does check the characters and lines the scripts are composed of. Moreover, it shows every script’s stats individually. Whenever you type something in the script, the stats will update right after the insertions. If a script pops up on the screen, the plugin automatically sets the canvas position to which frame shows the stats of the script.

TL;DR More convenient than others.

1 Like

Its not stupid. If its the statistics of something its only use is for either showing to other people (in other words flexing), or simply looking at for ourselves. I also said this 4 months ago, no clue why you didn’t decide to reply 4 months ago.

Think before speaking please.

I found this topic 25 hours ago

At this point you’re embarrassing yourself by saying this.

Statistics are used for different purposes, as the OP stated. It’s useful for making code more readable and make it support every language feature in roblox studio, LuauInLuau doesn’t have every language feature supported in Roblox Studio

Are you aware the post & the plugin could have changed majorly over 4 months? It isn’t embarrassing to tell you to think before speaking, because you simply aren’t thinking before speaking. If you found this post 25 hours ago, congrats, but nobody wanted to hear nor does anyone care about your opinion or anything has to say. You are the smallest developer on the platform. Instead of writing replies that nobody will care to see or read, maybe go make a game so you aren’t such a failure on the platform and all this wasn’t just a waste of time.

I wish you the best of luck, lmk once you’ve hit atleast 1m visits :pray:

1 Like