Scripts look like they are disabled when selected

Reproduction Steps

Have several scripts next to each other and select one. The icon of the selected script will darken, which makes it discolored, which is similar to how disabled scripts are discolored.

Expected Behavior

I expect the script icon to have the same color when selected as it is before it is selected.

Actual Behavior

https://i.imgur.com/cbRFgm5.png

You can see the selected script is desaturated and dark, similar to how disabled scripts are desaturated and dark. It makes it hard to distinguish the two, causing confusion and forcing me to check that scripts are in fact enabled.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-28 00:09:00 (-07:00)

6 Likes

Yeah this isn’t a bug, but I HATE it still. It’s even mixing me up even more with the disabled property changing to enabled too.

1 Like

That does explain why I was confused with this the other day, I couldn’t tell that the script I was working on was still disabled for some reason. I guess I got used to the color of the icon changing without even registering it. It looks almost the same as the disabled icon.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll come back with updates when possible.

2 Likes

This is an old one, but the new icons (not shown in this report) have a distinguishable scheme between selected/disabled.