Scripts not saving in Team Create

Sometimes when I edit a script the changes are not detected by the new Collaborative Editing system and nothing shows up in the Drafts panel. I don’t know what exactly this is triggered by (if it has a consistent trigger at all) but it is very frustrating and often leads to me losing work as it has done just now.

If I remember correctly (I haven’t been able to test this for a while due to the inconsistency) there are no solutions short of copying the code into a new script or reopening the place (with the new code copied).

14 Likes

Were you editing scripts that were duplicated from another?

Also, if you have a modern AMD/NVidia GPU that is compatible with instant replay (saves the last n minutes of your screen to a video), could you save and provide the last minute of work on the bug report (or PM me if you don’t want to post it publicly)? You may have to configure instant replay to record the desktop and not just fullscreen games.

4 Likes

Just to make sure this is not the case - what type of scripts do you edit, Drafts do not support linked source scripts (which became obsolete now, but if you have them in your place, they still can be edited)

3 Likes

Nope.

Normal script objects, nothing special.

I’m recording my work so when it happens again I’ll send a clip of it occurring. A general description of what happens is: I open a script and start typing in it. Nothing shows up in the Drafts panel. No matter what I do within that script, I can’t get it to notice there are changes. Then if I leave and rejoin the Team Create server my changes are gone.

3 Likes

Thanks! In that case, can you also provide your log file next time this happens?

2 Likes

Yep I will do that when it happens as well

2 Likes

I am also having this issue on ROBLOX studio too, however It is not even publishing every time I hit “Publish to ROBLOX”.

This has been always in for an insane amount of hours this issue, therefore ROBLOX is not even saving it.

3 Likes

That’s a different issue, it would be a good idea to make a bug report for that. Also, is this occurring in Team Create or just in normal studio? The issue this thread is about is related to Team Create.

3 Likes

I am having this problem on team create.

4 Likes

Greetings, so I’ve been working on a project where basically all the buttons run on the same script, so I’ve decided to copy & paste the script into each button, I’ve then realized that once I copy & paste each script it then changes back the script to the default studio code print("Hello world!").

The bug seems to appear once I copy & paste the script into a new parent, even without opening the script it changes it back to the default print("Hello World!")

Video:

Specs

CPU:
Intel(R) Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Base speed: 3.50 GHz

RAM:
16GB

GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Logfile:
log_FCCFF_1.txt (36.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for the video! It is extremely helpful. Can you provide additional information requested in How to post a Bug Report? We will need at least the log file to investigate further.

1 Like

Alos make sure you commit changes you’ve made to the script before you duplicate it, otherwise the changes won’t be in the new scripts. That new behavior with Collaborative Editing got me a few times :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yeah, this is true, when you copy the script you don’t copy the associated draft… draft needs to be committed first if you want new changes in a duplicate script, or script text need to be copied from the draft to a newly added script

I don’t see the drafts widget in the video though - do you have it closed? @Scxipted

3 Likes

@Scxipted could you reproduce the sequence with drafts widget open, please? Thank you

1 Like

Spoke with Scxipted & the Drafts widget not opening was because it had been manually closed beforehand, and not because the script changes were not being added as drafts. So not the issue reported in the OP.

3 Likes

The draft widget was already open in my case so it could still be unrelated. I’ll let you know if it happens again.

1 Like