Scripts not saving within studio when using team create collab

As of today at roughly 11:30AM MST my friend @OneLegitDev has run into a Studio related bug which has cost him an hour of work and is preventing him from getting any further work done. The bug has to do with Roblox Studio’s Script Editor. The issue is that randomly sometimes while he is working on a script, changes will stop saving. What I mean by this is the changes WILL show up in the actual editor while out of play however when he uses the Play Simulation those changes randomly disappear when he checks the scripts in the simulation, meaning any new code added did not save. When he stops the simulation the changes still show up in the script, same with when he closes and re-opens the script, however when he leaves the studio (Even upon publishing), the code does not save.

This has since been happening at random intervals as re-opening studio TEMPORARILY fixes it until it randomly appears again.

Some extra info he found, when this issue starts occurring, it will no longer show that a draft has formed when you attempt to change the script, which gives me an indicator of if it will save or not. Other than that he is unable to reproduce the bug.

Team create and collaboration are enabled.

3 Likes

Hi thunder1222 and @OneLegitDev

Did you turn on Script Editor Linting beta feature? If yes, would you try to turn off it and see this will happen again?

4 Likes

I have this feature turned on yes, I have turned it off and will let you know if I run into this issue again, however as it happens randomly I cannot confirm 100% if the issue is gone right after turning it off but will reply to the post again if the issue comes up again at any point!

Thank you very much for your quick reponse.

How do you turn on Script Editor Linting?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.