Scrolling Into the Future with TextBoxes

Ok but when will we be able to copy text from TextLabels

LuaApp log in from another device smh…

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know… I think its a Beta feature right now.

1 Like

The TextBox link you’re giving us is all in Spanish

3 Likes

wahoo no more limiting textboxes
ui blur please next please

5 Likes

I am aware, but that would have lengthened the post and wasn’t necessary to my point

2 Likes

-- So you just straight up lied? :sob:

1 Like

I’m really not sure what you’re getting at here, why you’re calling me a liar, or what your problem seems to be. Whether the size is updated every frame or every time the property changes literally does not change the point.

2 Likes

Amazing addition, can’t wait to use it!

1 Like

I’m having issues with this while inside a scrolling frame.

3 Likes

If you never restrict the TextBox’s size, the cursor will never leave its rectangle, so it won’t scroll. In this case, you’re letting the TextBox grow inside the scrolling frame. This feature won’t automatically scroll parent scrolling frames for you.

2 Likes

So the autoscroll only works with cursor movement and not scrolling with handles? Are there any api’s that could assist in creating a sytem that could scroll a parent scrolling frame such as obtaining the cursor position?

1 Like

Uh, what? I was saying that in reply to a message… not the original post.

2 Likes

Cool! Can you also add an BackgroundColor2/HoverColor property to Buttons that maybe appears when AutoButtonColor is deselected? So we can test colors outside of scripts and because than the game doesn’t have to be running to see the effects on hover and that would be soooo niiiiicccceeee!!!..Seems like it’s missing!

2 Likes

The way scrolling is handled with this feature is unrelated to scrolling frames and is based on cursor position only.

You could manually calculate the position using the cursor position and the TextService’s GetTextSize function. See an example of this with a regular frame here. You could likely adapt this to a scrolling frame by adjusting the canvas position instead of the TextBox’s position in the parent frame.

3 Likes

THANK you for this, as a game developer this is VERY useful.

2 Likes

great feature, but I want to ask this; this is not for beta users? I mean, this is rolled to everyone?

OR you could use AutomaticSize with a TextBox and use the AbsoluteSize with the CanvasSize of the ScrollingFrame instead and calculate it that way. Still haven’t found a code-based solution, but it is a good idea.

I was just about to script this for my UI myself! Saves me a bit of time I guess. This is a feature that could be greatly expanded on. However, is there a potential for a better TextScaled option that works with stuff like this in the future that we can split into multiple lines with a property? I hate scripting that myself.

3 Likes

Hey!

This is a great update! However, I noticed that selecting the entire textbox (Ctrl + A) and typing/pasting over the selected text will cause the new text to be pushed to the left of the actual textbox.

This appears visually very odd.

3 Likes

I would benefit from this if TextScaled was supported. Is there a plan to support it in the future?

1 Like