Scrolling Into the Future with TextBoxes

-- In general nothing in Roblox like that has to be done “per frame”, you should be using GetPropertyChangedSignal("AbsoluteSize") and only changing when this signal fires.

3 Likes

-- This has been a thing for a long time now. Just set the AutomaticCanvasSize value on the scrolling frame.

3 Likes

How do you find new fast flags btw ?

7 Likes

For Studio?

There’s multiple ways, the easiest accessable way is by going to %localappdata%/Roblox/ClientSettings and then search around in StudioAppSettings.json

2 Likes

really cool update! Excited for future updates

3 Likes

Love the UI engine work lately

5 Likes

Just recently wondered if this is possible and then this amazing update. Thank you!

5 Likes

It would be great to enter the number into the textbox, I’ve been looking for all this time there is a feature ha thanks roblox

3 Likes

Let’s gooo we’re getting good updates

4 Likes

Will this break games using things such as text scaled? Maybe instead of forcing this to be on at all times you could make it a check box if you want the textbox to scroll or not. I think that would be better, because what if a user doesn’t want it to scroll? How do you turn that off then? You mentioned it is on at all times now… Please think this through as it might break functionality of some games.

3 Likes

Games using TextScaled should see no change with this feature enabled because the text will never leave the bounds of the TextBox. The option is always on because it’s a platform level change that only affects desktop. If the user doesn’t want scrolling, they can use TextScaled, TextWrapped, or TextTruncate for single line text boxes to prevent any type of scrolling.

6 Likes

hes not saying the update looks ai generated…

4 Likes

I think this is a really great update! I was using TextBoxes one day and was having problems with the way my text fitted. This should solve my problem!

Just to be clear, I am NOT supposed to enable TextScaled for this to work?

5 Likes

When the user loses focus of the text box, does the cursor stay at the positioning of the textbox scroll, or does it automatically go back to the start?

1 Like

Ok but when will we be able to copy text from TextLabels

LuaApp log in from another device smh…

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know… I think its a Beta feature right now.

1 Like

The TextBox link you’re giving us is all in Spanish

3 Likes

wahoo no more limiting textboxes
ui blur please next please

5 Likes

I am aware, but that would have lengthened the post and wasn’t necessary to my point

2 Likes

-- So you just straight up lied? :sob:

1 Like