Scrolling Into the Future with TextBoxes

I’d definitely appreciate a property to toggle this behaviour. Our UI library does some pretty crazy text layout work for labels and inputs and I’m concerned about how this feature could impact that. Will need to investigate.

Just in general, these new features should come with a property to toggle.

12 Likes

This long awaited feature (in my opinion) is such a welcome change.

9 Likes

Nice, I had to do this myself. Nice to see this is now a native feature. Greatly appreciated!

9 Likes

Niceee.
Thanks for the amazing new features, looks like bright future :eyes::sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Why havent they added this in the past?
Better now than never though.
Love this.

9 Likes

Adding onto this, it just doesn’t look as clean as I’d hope when the text goes off the screen

9 Likes

well, finally after years i actually REALLY needed this back then

11 Likes

This is going to be a great use for any game that uses a private message system. Instead of having those shrank messages you could now have the entire message full size!

9 Likes

really nice feature but does it break anything?

9 Likes

Generally no, this should be backwards compatible.

If you’re doing something very intricate like building a code editor with syntax highlighting on top of the Textbox it may still be worth double checking that nothing is amiss.

8 Likes

Good to know,

anyway this seems like a really useful feature

8 Likes

Hopefully we see some more ui expansions soon, maybe more ui elements like dropdowns, scrollbars.

8 Likes

The update is cool. As well can you add the most missing feature to make the experience even better?
We don’t have normal sliders, this can improve a lot of things, from debugging to the custom settings.

13 Likes

Finally! This feels like something that is very late to the party, but it’s still very welcome to it.

6 Likes

No offense but this sounds AI generated :sob:

11 Likes

OMGOMGOMG

Finally I can chat normally, becuase when I type long messages, it cuts off.

5 Likes

When be scrolling frames updated that the scrolling automatically be longer if there more things on it without scalling it instead of use offset in a grid

6 Likes

lets gooo been wanting this for a while now had to use textfits to make something like this

2 Likes

Should have released this earlier you know! Now I want gui blurring! Nothing else! ( There are more things but I would be grateful if you people listen to the cries of the gui people like me :frowning: )

6 Likes

boatbomer made a module that does that, not too sure how to use it tho

4 Likes