ScrollingFrame AutomaticSize does not update until screen size changes

ScrollingFrames don’t update their AutomaticSize to the screen size the user joins a game or studio session with. It does however update to the proper size if you change your window size.

The above image is a scrollingframe with automaticsize set that has not updated with the screen size I joined the game with.

If I change the screen size the CanvasSize updates accordingly. Should be replicable in any game but this is the game the issue was found in: [PL-01] War Tycoon - Roblox

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting! We are working on reverting a flag that may have caused this. Could you share a repro file? Or I guess if you aren’t the creator of the game, I can try to get in touch with them.

1 Like

Yeah, no problem! I am a dev for the game and they told me to just send you a baseplate with the UI. I’ll dm you the repro file, it just makes the UI visible after a few seconds.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! We’ll start the investigation shortly.

4 Likes

Hi,
Producer on WT. Just wanted to check in and see if there are any updates on the bug?

Hi, we have rolled back the change that caused the issue. If you still see this issue please let us know! We’ll be investigating the issue shortly.

1 Like

Hey @KronosFUBAR , I have also replied in the DM with @Krcnos . As I was not able to reproduce the issue with the repro file you provided when the flag is turned on, could you please provide more information on how to reproduce(bring up the vehicle menu) in the game? Thank you!

— Update —
Actually I found out that I had UIListLayout Flex beta on, that’s why it behaves differently in my Studio. I’m now able to repro it in Studio. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @KronosFUBAR , since the Flex has been released for a while, could you please verify on your side if this issue is still occurring? Thank you.

is it the same bug as this Scrolling frames cutoff issue

Thanks for letting us know! They look related but may be different. It looks like the issue from OP is fixed when Flex feature is ON, but the issue you sent is fixed with Flex turned off.

1 Like