ScrollingFrame cutting off last elements inside of it

So I have this ScrollingFrame (it is scrolled all the way down in the screenshot):
Screenshot 2024-07-24 014505

But for some reason the last frames inside of it get clipped at the end. The ScrollingFrame has a CanvasSize of 0,0,0,0 and an AutomaticCanvasSize of Y.

Here’s how it looks in the Explorer:
Screenshot 2024-07-24 014639

The UIPadding has a PaddingTop of 0, 25 and the UIListLayout has a Padding of 0.05, 0.

How can I make the last frames not clip at the end?

Please help, would be very much appreciated since I’ve been having this same problem with alot of my UI for months, if not, years by now.

2 Likes

Are you referring to the space between the item in the frame and the bottom of the frame? If so, I think it may be that the shadow effect is creating an illusion. It looks to me like the ScrollingFrame is working properly, and the item is cut off as it should be, but the shadow being under it makes it look like the item isn’t reaching the bottom of the frame.

Edit: Sorry, I may have misunderstood the problem. If your issue is that not everything in the item frame is showing, I’m unsure of how to fix that.

Hi.

• Check if parent frame is scropping the scrolling frame.
  • Try replacing Scale with Offset in UIPadding and UIListLayout.

If nothing helps, can you send the rbxm file of the parent of your scrolling frame or even ScreenGui? It would help a lot to check all the properties.

Doesn’t seem to fix it.

Here’s the file:
InventoryFile.rbxm (16.0 KB)

I’m happy to tell you that I’ve maybe fixed the bug :]

I managed to fix it by using Offset rather than Scale in the Size property of Item frame:

Also i added padding to the bottom:

Also its better to use offset in UIListLayout.

(If the screenshots do not open, open them in a new window)

But if you need to use Scale rather that Offset - tell me, i will try to do something.

The new Inventory frame:
fixedInventoryFile.rbxm (16.0 KB)

Oh yeah, I messed up with the ZIndexBehavior in the screenshots.

Hey! Thank you for trying to fix it, I thought it worked for a second, but the Offset messed up with the scaling on other devices, any fix to that?

I did a little searching and found out that this is a fairly common problem to use Scale in Scrolling Frames and requires creating your own AutomaticCanvasSize. It’s not as hard as it sounds.

Or else, you can try experimenting with UIAspectRatioConstraint so that the aspect ratio is always the same.

I personally have never used Scale in Scrolling Frames so I have not encountered this problem.