ScrollingFrames inside SurfaceGuis inside PlayerGui cause uncontrollable camera issues with gamepad

If there is a SurfaceGui inside the PlayerGui (in my case from StarterGui) and it contains a ScrollingFrame (anywhere in the hierarchy), the camera will glitch out whenever you have a gamepad connected. This is the case both on Windows with a Dualshock 5 and natively on PS5.

The repro is very simple and I have included it here. Connect with a gamepad and run around - very quickly the camera will start rotating uncontrollably. The circle cursor also flickers.

It may be the case that this is a known issue, but I could not find another devforum post pertaining to this problem.

CameraRepro.rbxl (55.9 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I’ve repro’d the issue, and I’m looking into it. I’ll let you know here with any updates.

1 Like

hello, I’m still encountering this same issue as well with my game PLS DONATE, an update on this would be greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Hi there! I have a fix I’m hoping should be out by late next week.

1 Like

Hi there! This issue should be fixed now. Adding surfaceGuis into PlayerGui should not affect camera movement with gamepad. Please let us know if you experience any further issues!