ScrollingFrames jump around and desync from cursor in SurfaceGuis

Recently an issue with ScrollingFrames popped up where the scroller will snap to the bottom/top of the bar and become desynced with the mouse cursor. I have experienced this specifically with ScrollingFrames in SurfaceGuis:

Here are a few games that are affected:

Also happens in these games

It’s finally fixed! Good job @darthskrill :+1:

5 Likes

Replicated it to the same result.

Taking a look into this, thanks for the report!

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I also noticed recently that it gets bugged out if you click and drag the scroll bar but stop clicking outside of the scrollbar. It acts as if it’s still being dragged around. Particularly noticed this in a PluginWidget UI. Not sure if it’s related to this issue.

1 Like

Same problem is still here.

From Duplicate Thread:

Currently when you try to scroll using the Scroll slider in a ScrollingFrame parented to a SurfaceGui the slider is very unpredictable. It can be very out of sync with the mouse movement, sometimes moves in the wrong direction from where the mouse is moving, sometimes instantly goes to top or bottom by just clicking and holding the slider without moving and sometimes get stuck so you can only go up or down.

Here is a video demonstrating the current behavior

My guess is that this started happening sometime during the past 2 months but i’m not sure. It hasn’t always been like this atleast. The bug can be reproduced with this model: ScrollRepro.rbxmx (143.4 KB)

This should be fixed now, please let me know if you see otherwise.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.