ScrollingFrames with AutomaticCanvasSize do not automatically scale

If I open a UI with a ScrollingFrame with AutomaticCanvasSize, it does not automatically adjust its size to fit all the elements inside of itself. It stays the size it is originally made in.

Game: [🏴‍☠️] Dungeon Quest! ⚔️ RPG Adventure - Roblox

Expected behavior

I would expect the ScrollingFrame with AutomaticCanvasSize Y to automatically adjust its size vertically to fit all the elements inside of itself.

Expected State (studio): https://gyazo.com/a3572540e254aef0aa5022a68d5eea9a
Broken State (live server): https://gyazo.com/efe24b75017f6935c9b04c7dab84b3a4

Currently in the process of trying to create a minimal reproducible example - will edit it in once I have one.

4 Likes

Hi, we are reverting the change that may have caused this issue. In the mean time, could you please share the repro file with us for investigation? Thank you

3 Likes

Just a correction on the layout of the UI objects. It is Frame with a ScrollingFrame inside of it with AutomaticCanvasSize. Then, a sub-frame of scale size (x,1) is added inside of the ScrollingFrame, and inside of this sub-frame, there is a UIListLayout. This sub-frame has any number of items added to it causing its true size to be greater than 1. I was able to create a reproducible example. It will work fine and scale correctly if tested in studio, but not if run in a live server: https://www.roblox.com/games/15554786166/AutomaticCanvasSize-Bug

Edit: The issue is fixed after the revert.

2 Likes

Yeah, using scale sizes under Automatic size is a little tricky because element sizes depend on each other. Thanks for the repro file!

3 Likes

Hello, I’m currently having this issue on my game aswell, resizing my game screen works to fix the issue, but my players (on all platforms) are facing it too:
https://streamable.com/xmoiuy

2 Likes

Hi @i8cheese , do you know if it started occurring recently like today?

1 Like

Yo, I’m not i8cheese but the same issue happening to me just now.
I went to do some gui work on a plugin and realized my scrolling frame wasn’t acting right when I resized the widget, even though it worked fine yesterday.
I then went to my old plugins that I had not updated and now their autocanvassize does not work properly.

1 Like

Yes, according to the recent bug reports on my community server, it started occuring today, very early in the day, the first report was at 11 AM GMT -3

1 Like

Update, seems to be working back again as intended.

1 Like

Great to hear, we reverted the change this morning.

Also would you be able to share a link to the game you posted a video of? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, Undertale Test Place Reborn - Roblox
You can see the scrolling frames at either extras > skins or extras > statistics

2 Likes

Hi @i8cheese and @2DGrlsCantBr8kHearts , do you mind sharing a repro file that contains the scrolling frames that had issues before? We’ll start investigating and would like to verify with the repro files. Thanks!

1 Like

Yo, here is my repro file, mainly located in ServerScriptService
Note: The problem occurred in a plugin widget for me so you will need to save the folder as a local plugin
Repro.rbxl (62.0 KB)

1 Like

I tried making a repro file when I had that issue, but somehow they worked fine in a clear baseplate, I tried recreating the same script that creates the buttons in the scrolling frames, but no success, since it has been reverted I can’t make sure it is glitched to replicate the issue.

This seems to be happening again, a lot of players are reporting to not be able to scroll and I myself have the issue in game.

Even the Roblox’s chat doesn’t allow to scroll further.

Hi @focasds , could you please share the experience id that players reported to have seen this issue? Also by the Roblox’s chat were you referring to this experience too or many other experiences as well? Thanks.

1 Like

So this is the Experience everyone in my server/group has been reporting with this issue: (17715563868)
( ✦ ) The Lost Land [Remastered] - Roblox

It happens here too:
( ✦ ) The Lost Land [Survival] - Roblox

They have sent videos about not being able to scroll through chat either, like players continue to message and some users are unable to scroll. (I think it happens more on mobile)

I don’t know, if it happens in other experiences since I have been waiting since Yesterday to see if any other dev would report it but they didn’t. I assume is a Roblox bug since my Scrolling Frames were working fine on 7/23/2024. (Didn’t get any report during that time).

Thanks for the info! Let me verify and see if we can revert the flag for these places if it’s causing the issue. At the meantime, do you mind sharing a repro file for investigation? Thank you!

Hi again @focasds , just to confirm - if this is the chat window that players have seen issues in?

I have tried both mac and iOS but could not repro the scrolling issue. Do you know if players reported the issue more from Android phones? If possible, please share some videos from players’ reports with us too, either here or through DM. Thank you very much!