Seamless Building Texture Problem

I’m trying to replicate a textured building with neon material to create a distant city effect, along with making the textured windows blend in with other darker/lighter colors to give it a more imperfect/natural look from a distance. I’ve tried dividing blocks into different sections of the building with the same texture, but it just looks bad, and it uses more blocks which I don’t want since I’m being efficient with building.

Here is an image of what I am TRYING to achieve.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 9.15.52 PM

As you can see in the image, there are darker levels of windows, and lighter, creating a diverse color effect in the windows.

And in the image below, is my model, it only has one color to it, it is a singular color, no darker ones no lighter, it’s a union so it sticks to one color.

What can I do to replicate the first image efficiently?

1 Like

Don’t know too much about this specifically, but you could use a texture with a decal id. You could make the decal in something like paint . net and upload it to Roblox. In that image you make, you could have four corners that are spaced out or something and color them slightly different shades. Then, in studio, mess with tiling properties.

Actually ignore everything, lol. An easier way, in
a way, would be to just use neon parts and change the scale, color, and more accordingly. Make sure they are anchored though and check off CanCollide. Performance in mind and yeah.

1 Like

You probably would want to edit the image so it can be applied with a texture.

If you are using a texture, did you change OffsetStuds?

1 Like

I found a solution not so long ago, and it works!

I considered this but based on the structure of my game (75% visuals), I edited the texture to have darker areas by cropping the windows to 45-65% transparency which gave it an organic look. Thanks for the suggestion though!

1 Like