Search bar does not show game despite released but duplicate fake teleport game created 2 days ago shows up

Reproduction Steps

Simply search “+1 weight” into the search bar and look at the top results.

Expected Behavior

Context: My game, “[NEW!] +1 Weight Every Second” released around 3 weeks ago with ~200 - 300 CCU has failed to show on the search bar since release.

Although I understand it takes time for a new game to get picked up to even show in the search bar, it is unbelievable that a game that took our game’s name and description VERBATIM and saved and reuploaded our icon and thumbnail showed up on the search bar TWO DAYS after the game was published.

The copied game took all of our info and thumbnails in order to trick users who watch YouTubers’ videos on our game into playing it, in which they get teleported to another experience.

The copy has 33% LDR, 0 CCU, and 2 visits, yet when you search up “+1 weight” in the search, their game shows up, and our 90% LDR, 300 CCU, and 233K visits game is nowhere to be found.

Expected Behavior:

When I type in “+1 weight” into the search bar, I expect my game with decent metrics to show up in the search bar.

Actual Behavior

When I type in “+1 weight” into the search bar, our game doesn’t show up, but the copied game that redirects players shows up despite being created only 2 days ago.

The search bar:

Our game:
Fn7crVaWQAI8Pff

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Discover - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-01-19 00:01:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-02-02 00:02:00 (-05:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

6 Likes

To be honest, seems to be not a bug.

Your game has a “tags” section where you just spammed words. It is known that games that do that tend to be shadowbanned, which I believe is why your game doesn’t show up

1 Like

Do you have any proof of that? And can you explain why the copied game with the same exact description (and therefore has the same tags) showed up in the search?

I don’t see that being a legitimate reason why we’re not showing up besides pure speculation.

1 Like

As an update, we recognized that the translations of the name and description of the game was causing search bar discovery issues and have updated it to remain English. It shouldn’t be an issue to have a translated name and description though.

3 Likes

Discovery | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

Again, I have already stated above that it was because of translation issues and not because of what you stated. It can demote me but my game did NOT show up when a copy of it with the SAME description showed up. If it was the keyword spam the copy shouldn’t have showed up.

You should read the post before replying

I did read it. You asked for proof that tags can demote your experience and I provided it. Despite it not actually being the tags that caused your experience to not show up, I felt it was necessary to point out that tags can indeed demote it

1 Like

You provided a link to a document that has no mention of tags and all links on that page also have no mention of tags, so how is that proof?

Are you still having issues with this? I just searched for your game and only 1 result came up. You didn’t post a link to your actual game so I have nothing to compare it with. :worried:

Check the best practices page.

Maybe I misunderstand, you seem to indicate that “tags” were the issue, not spamming words?

The tags I had weren’t spamming at all (for example see the literal example he sent in the screenshot).

It can demote yes, but it doesn’t pertain to my discussion at all (as per the original reply I was replying to) because the initial reply said it was because of the tags completely removing my game from search which is not true. “Shadow banning” isn’t being demoted and the “proof” doesn’t actually prove anything

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks for the report. We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll keep you updated on progress!

2 Likes

So… Any updates? I’ve been having very similar issues since last year.

Engineers have confirmed we’ve fixed this. Thanks again for the report!

2 Likes