Searching for your own images in Toolbox > My Images does not function properly

Reproduction Steps

I do have a HUGE amount of decals uploaded, I do a lot of texture work. In case my inventory is the issue, I am: ZacAttackk - Roblox

System: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-7700k, Nvidia 2080 Super, 32GB

Beta features: all of the available ones are enabled, excluding “Non-Strict scripts” + “New experiences enable Team Create”

Expected Behavior

Searching for an image in my inventory in studio’s toolbox should yield a list of relevant items.

Actual Behavior

Any image result that is not loaded on the first page is not included in the search result. Meaning, if I have to scroll down & load a new page in order to see those image results, they will not be included in the search. Items that are loaded in on the default first page are searchable.

Example: I am trying to search for an image with ‘camo’ in the name, I am showing how I have to scroll down to load more results to find it. Thus, it is not included in the result.

Proving that images loaded in the page by default will show up in search results:

Workaround

Manually searching by scrolling and looking by eye (impossible if you upload a ton of images), or just re-uploading a fresh duplicate of the image to get a usable id.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: Possibly for the last month, or more.
Date Last Experienced: Time of post (Dec 27th 2022)

10 Likes

This issue occurs for the my models tab aswell.

3 Likes

So that’s why I can’t find my models! This seems to have been happening for quite a while (over 6 months). A similar issue happens when searching the toolbox where you cannot find your own models at all.

2 Likes

They do have a tendency to leave bugs unfixed for long periods of times. Some of these bugs date back 2-3 years…

1 Like

This is currently occuring for every “my” tab, checked with a friend too, same problem.

3 Likes

This actually happens with all categories if you have a large amount of assets in them. Really hoping Roblox fixes this as it’s currently impossible for me to search through both my decal, audio, and animation tab.

To add onto this bug, the search system is too specific. If you have an image named “SmokeParticle” and search “Particle”. It won’t show up. This should also be fixed.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

Hello everyone! We appreciate your patience as we addressed this issue. Our team has identified the root cause and rolled out a patch to fix it several months ago. We’d be grateful if @ZacAttackk and others could confirm whether the problem persists or if it has been resolved. Thank you for your continued support and understanding!

1 Like