Second complete attempt of making hair!

Hey! a few days back I made a short hairstyle since I suddenly had a burst of inspiration to make another better attempt of making hair as a UGC concept. I just want some feedback since this is my second attempt, if any criticism be free to give me some advice on how to improve., i’ll also show my first UGC concept i’ve completed that includes hair

first hair attempt in comparison

13 Likes

This looks amazing…

The only thing I can criticize is the hair in the back. the meshes are all pointy and grouped together-ish and… I’ve never seen hair like that. Maybe a smooth curve would be nicer
Also, one question since I’m curious: do you make your hair using the path & bezier tool, or another way?

2 Likes

I like your hair! Not just because it’s nicely rendered, but because it kind of reminds me of ROBLOX hair from the old days! I love the style they had on their hair back then! And this is replicating that style! I think you did a great job on these hair’s!

2 Likes

Ty! I used a path curve to make the hair strands for my most recent hair

1 Like

Looks really good, I think you did a great job on the texturing.

1 Like

I would recommend using some bezier curve modifiers to create whats called a “spline mesh” for the hair. As it seems u are extruding straight down and using a sculpt modifier? I can’t really tell.

I did that with the very first hair i did, I used a path curve for my most recent one ive done though

1 Like

I like it! Reminds me of hairs made by Roblox, being more reasonable with the amount of partitions rather than an absolute ton of strands, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

It looks amazing, but the top is a little flat… and the back kind of looks low poly, but if that’s what you’re aiming for, I love it!

1 Like

Ty for the feedback, I was going for lowpoly since I really want to get into the UGC program sometime in 2021 and the vertice limit is 1.2k apparently

2 Likes

This is amazing! Well done!! Keep up the great work!!