Seeking Constructive Criticism on my 3D Models (Low-Poly)

Any criticism is welcome as long as it is constructive :slight_smile:

EDIT (11/16/23)
I have since taken the criticism I received into account and reworked some of the models:

ex1 ex2
ex3 ex4

8 Likes

In my opinion everything in first scene look great together, but for example, stone, the grey side, has a bit too many poly compared to the green part, I ain’t expert, but it just caught my eye, maybe try out auto shade smooth only on that part and see how it looks, i might be wrong, also try it on the grass that is in the main scene and compare

5 Likes

Love the detail of the moss on the stone.
I think the tree looks a bit odd with the bend, maybe a slight bend would be good, but this feels a bit exaggerated.
Additionally, you could add some smaller sticks to the campfire if it doesn’t clash with the minimalist style.

4 Likes

Not bad, but…
Just why? That looks like broken poly to me. Either make it smooth or make low poly. Not in between.

Also I just noticed:
Broken triangle for the tent enterance.

Either make it smooth or make low poly. Not in between.

I am sorry if these things are too nit picky…

3 Likes

Adding onto what @NoxhazeI said, the bevels in a lot of your models are extremely unnecessary and can just be redone with the ShadeSmooth feature in Blender.

Stuff like that greatly increases triangle/polygon count and as such kinda kills the title of “low-poly” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ping >:(

Also to OP I noticed one more thing.
This overhang is a bit unnatural and
is too pointy.

I should stop… this is too nitpicky now…

2 Likes

Don’t be sorry, nitpicking is what I need. All valid points; it is really interesting what you can miss even when you are the one who built the model. Regarding your thoughts on the bevel, I completely agree that I have to take a side here. Time to embrace the sharp edges.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I plan to remodel each design and incorporate the advice I have received into my process, specifically when polishing a design afterwards. I’ll look into what you suggested and try to achieve more consistency.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I was definitely shooting for a more cartoonish bend to it, but it seems I went too far. :sweat_smile:

Sticks would be a great addition to break some of the uniformity that came with reusing the log model.

2 Likes

Thanks for your insight, I really appreciate it. I definitely overused the bevel instead of embracing the style.

1 Like

These models look VERY good! I like the style of them! Nice job on this!

2 Likes

I think you will appreciate the new rock models! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, yes it looks much better now, good job.

1 Like