Seeking Feedback: Innovative Roblox Horror Game with Puzzles, Narrative Depth, and Interactive Systems

Hello everyone,

I’m currently developing a Roblox horror game called “Echo of Madness”, set in a haunted office building. I would love to get your thoughts on how to enhance the gameplay and storytelling elements. Here’s a brief overview of what I’m working on and where I need your advice:

What do you want to achieve?

The game aims to immerse players in a suspenseful environment where they navigate through a series of puzzles integrated with a rich narrative. The primary antagonist, the “Spectral Stalker”, haunts the premises, and players must uncover the building’s dark past to survive.

What is the issue?

My main challenge is ensuring the puzzles are not just challenging but also meaningful to the story progression. I want the horror elements and the puzzle-solving to complement each other, enhancing the overall tension and fear.

What solutions have you thought of so far?

I’ve integrated an interactive telephone system in the game, featuring multiple voice lines that guide, mislead, or even threaten players, contributing to the story’s depth. This system also interacts dynamically with the presence of the Spectral Stalker, influencing the gameplay based on the player’s decisions to use the phone for help. This adds a layer of strategy and consequences to player choices.

Additionally, I plan on employing environmental puzzles that unlock new areas or secrets and a dynamic event system where the Spectral Stalker’s behavior changes based on player actions during critical puzzles.

I’m looking for feedback particularly on:

• The balance of puzzle complexity and the integration of the telephone system as a narrative device.
  • Ideas for ensuring the Spectral Stalker feels like a constant, evolving threat without overpowering the puzzle elements.

How do these features resonate with you? Are there any other suggestions or concerns you think I should consider to make the game engaging for a wide audience?

Thank you for your insights, and I’m eager to read your suggestions!

Perhaps at a certain level, something along these lines could happen…

• The player enters an elevator and is directed to hit a specific button.

• The Spectral Stalker appears above the elevator, visible through some sort of vent.

• The player has to hit buttons on the elevator keypad in a Simon type memory game and, if failing, the Spectral Stalker will snap the elevator wires.

This game sounds like it will be VERY fun at release. I can’t wait to see how it goes!
Could we get a descriptive appearance of this Stalker character?

Thanks for that creative suggestion! I love the idea of incorporating a Simon-type memory game in the elevator scenario, especially since it ties into the final sequence where the player is chased to an elevator by the Spectral Stalker. This could add a thrilling layer of urgency and panic to the gameplay!

The Spectral Stalker is a mysterious figure, with a shadowy, almost ethereal appearance that makes it seem as if it’s both there and not at the same time. Its movements are eerily silent, and its presence is often signaled only by a disturbing distortion in the air and faint, ghostly whispers.

I’m glad to hear you’re excited about the game from just this glimpse of the concept. If you’re interested in following the development more closely and getting further updates, feel free to join our Discord community. Here’s the link to join: https://discord.com/invite/NTFCVkTwf9. Looking forward to seeing you there and sharing more about the game!

1 Like