Seeking Recruitment For Upcoming Game

Hey guys, so I have been a solo developer for about 2-3 years now. My skill-sets include building, scripting, modeling, illustrations, animation, and soon to be sounds. However since I’ve been working solo all this time I am not exactly sure on how to go about recruiting members for a project that I’ve been working on. I have tried hiring developers from Hidden Dev’s and such, but there just seems to be too many issues while doing that so I figured I would come here and give it a shot.

The Game:
The game I am working on is a monster capture game much like Pokemon, but due to copyright infringement, I have resorted to creating my own monsters. I have illustrated about 6 monsters for now and also creating meshes for all of them for Roblox animation. I am truthfully overwhelmed with the amount of work this game has to offer, but that’s obviously because of the type of game it is. Unfortunately I must be honest, I can’t promise any payment options upfront as I just don’t have any sort of revenue just yet, but with that being said I have zero problems split the earnings once it does start.

What I am looking for:
Builders:
A) Landscaping/Map Making - creating trees, flowers, rocks, mountains, providing barriers to unplayable areas to players, etc
B) House/Building - creating anywhere from basic to advanced buildings, or structures including shrines, bridges, etc.
C) Inanimate Objects - creating common household items, beach items, outdoors items, or anything that serves as a prop to the game.

Modelers:
Building up monsters, creatures, or anything that has complex designing and includes meshes

Scripters:
Someone who is advanced enough to build complex scripts and able to work with modulescripts, localparts, datastores, etc.

Any kind of help would be vastly appreciated as I can focus directly on other things without having to worry about doing something else. I know the amount of a commitment this would take but I am also willingly to help you out as well on your projects if need be. I tend to work very hard on my projects and if I don’t know an answer I will actively seek for a way to resolve it.

Anyways thanks for your time and if anyone is interested please let me know! Thanks!

starter1 starter2

5 Likes

I think this should be in the #public-collaboration:public-recruitment

3 Likes

You know what you are absolutely right… I didnt even see that option before. I thought I was doing it right when I added recruitment on there. My apologies just became a new member tonight so I am not completely sure on how everything works just yet.

2 Likes

You can change the topic of your thread with the small pencil icon in the title, feel free to use this menu to add additional details and images to your post also, so users don’t have to scroll through potentially dozens of posts to see important information.

1 Like

There we go, I will remember those options in the future! Thanks!

First off don’t assume “No one would want to work in this”, people may want to work on it for free or as a volunteer, but that’s very few. (I find it rude to some level your response, as if it was being emphasized).

Second,
The payment would seem to be split profits if the game made money according to the post if the developer wishes to make some income, not many, but few would actually work for this kind of payment, primarily if they see possible potential in the game and possibly the past history of the OP making successful content on the platform.

@Kryptio My recommendation would add possibly some percentages/rough estimates of how payment would exactly be split between you and the developers, this would possibly clear some confusion.

3 Likes

Robux for me isnt even really a thing so I wouldnt mind splitting the percentages in favor for them. For example if there are 2 hard working devs in the game i have no problem with 80% split between the two devs and me at 20%. I am just in it to create and have fun with the game as well as improve my own abilities in the progress and then hopefully build some sort of studio for future games.

1 Like

i really like the concept i’ll definitly try to help out with the game also i’m fine with zero, pay just like you i just want to make a game that i can play i’m also a solo dev so it would be fun to work with other devs although i have worked on 1 or 2 projects with others but they took a nose dive mainly because all the devs we’re found in group recruiting plaza instead of the dev forums but anyway i’ll try to help out i can’t help with the scripting side of things but i’ll try to help you with the building aspects of things

my discord is skybuilder #3612

I sent you a request on discord, lets discuss on there and see what we can do.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.